New Member mace - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Member mace

I should have already posted this so i apologize. I am originally from Jersey but now reside in Colorado. It's a great place to ride! Back east i had a few bikes. I bought a honda vtx1800 when i came out to Colorado. I sold my VTX1800 after having it for i think about 5 years. When i bought it i thought i would be taking these long adventurous rides but then 2 kids came along and i didnt ride anywhere near as much as i hoped. The only time i get to ride is to and from work so i figured i would grab something light and fun to ride. traffic absolutely sucks on a big bike - at least to me it does.
I went to the dealer and they showed me the versys. I test rode it and thought it was fun, but wasnt used to that type of bike so it felt a bit slow to me. I was also babying it because it was brand new and not mine. I told my sales rep and he told me to take it out again and really twist it up. He said get the rpms up there. I did and it was quite a different bike. I liked it much better.

I put a deposit on a white 650LT. I am still waiting for it to come in. they said hopefully by the end of the month. I have been checking out these forums since and learned alot. No one seems to hate it - everyone seems to love these bikes. That is very encouraging. Since i havent taken possession yet i have been on the internet looking at other options. Bad idea btw. I started doubting my choice, wondering if i should have looked at the yammer or maybe bought the hyperstrada. After seeing how happy people are with this bike i feel much better and confident i made a great choice. Now if it would just get here already...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I wouldn't worry too much about your decision. Although it might not be a perfect decision- few are - it's a good decision in my opinion. The Versus is hard to beat as a sound and enjoyable all-around machine. It's light, nimble, handles well, and is fast enough to have fun without amassing a pile of traffic citations. And the machine seems to get better every year.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Welcome!

Lovin every minute of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode