new member - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yo I'm jake..the snake.. 09 versys rode stock for the first year, ready to start modding, any basic tips would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum and the family
If you have been riding your 09 for a year now, you probably have a pretty good idea of what you would like to modify or improve. The sky's the limit with mods: it all depends on if you want to make it a more capable adventure touring bike, or a straight ADVersys, or a canyon carver, or a _______ you fill in the blank. Just grab some of your favorite beverage & snacks, pull up a comfy chair and start reading through the threads in the modifications section. You WILL find the answers to many if not all your questions.
Good luck
And if you get stuck figuring something out just shoot me or any of the regulars a PM and we'll be happy to help.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.............HIDE YOUR CREDIT CARDS NOW!! Once you catch the modding fever, it's hard to shake it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

Last edited by AlaskaJeff; 02-20-2015 at 08:58 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 AM

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ask away if you're curious about a particular thing. Lots of folks here have modded their Vs six ways from Sunday and have good information regarding the value, quality, etc. of most items people bolt to their ride.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
welcome MR.snake

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Wow, wasn't expecting such a warm welcome! I was told you guys are the best but didn't expect that lol. I'm looking to do some power upgrades. Riding wheelies is my current favorite style of riding haha. Vacuum hose is probably the first thing I'll try. The reason I joined you guys is to try to get some solid info about aftermarket exhaust, and if I need/should buy the 450$ power commander. Just got off work, time to do some digging ! any points in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Below is a photo before i got serious about the "Farkles" I liked the Yoshi exhaust for looks and sound....Heres a list of what i did to my 09 you might see something that comes in handy....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

^thank you! You are exactly what I was looking for! Now I've got a couple hours of googling all of your parts ahead of me lol! Beautiful bike, mine's the same color, but a hell of a lot more plain. Performance is going to be my first endeavor, work on the body aftwrwards=) thanks again
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 01:45 PM

Garage
Welcome Jake. I've been in for about a year and it's true - everything you can imagine you can do for the V can be found in this forum. My latest ... finally taken the plunge and purchased a LeoVince Underbody after much reading (and listening) from others on this site. Lots of relatively objective information. I especially appreciate those here who have done the research, made the comparisons, and have reported the results. Yup, this site has been a fantastic educational resource during my V ownership and continues to inspire. Have fun and ride safe!:

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
jake..another snake (are all Jakes snakes?)..welcome to the world of Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
Welcome Jake.:

Where'd you get the Leo Underbody from? most importantly..what did you pay??

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 11:47 PM

Welcome!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 01:14 AM

Garage
Leo exhaust

I purchased it overseas (Italy to be exact) from this company: http://www.emlineamoto.com/en/8242.h...oogle-Shopping

From what I gather, this is a good price. With shipping to Cali (which will likely take a while...I'm sure), I paid $366.83. Not the cheapest pipe out there, but it's the one that met my needs: not too loud, not too visually obnoxious, great sound!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Did you get a power commander with it?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 02:46 PM

Garage
Nope. Just the slip on. Waiting patiently... I'll post once installed.

Take care.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Ended up getting a yoshimura trc-d in carbon....gonna be a long week
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I just keep hearing in my head, "It's Jake, from state farm."

Welcome snake. When I lofted the front end on my '11 during the demo ride, i was hooked.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode