Screen advise. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Screen advise.

Hi.

I have just got a 2014 versys and find the screen to be very noisy. I have tried both holes but still the same. Anyone else finding the same or could it be my helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 08:29 AM

I found it was the wind blast hitting the bottom of my helmet. I ended up getting a Givi screen and that made things much nicer. UNTIL I bought a new HRC helmet and it was noisier but at least a low tone not the screaming pitch my my Shoei. Seems one thing leads to another on bikes...car...anything really.

2 Words for you "Wear Earplugs"!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have never heard noise from a windscreen. Your helmet is in the airstream. You should wear earplugs to save your hearing, or buy a goldwing.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I have never heard noise from a windscreen. Your helmet is in the airstream. You should wear earplugs to save your hearing, or buy a goldwing.
Or buy a Gold Wing? I wonder if that presumes a person who bought a Wing doesn't have enough $$$ left over to buy ear plugs?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Or buy a Gold Wing? I wonder if that presumes a person who bought a Wing doesn't have enough $$$ left over to buy ear plugs?
Well if he got the Espresso machine and Scone baker options on the Wing he could be a little short on cash.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeny1982 View Post
Hi.

I have just got a 2014 versys and find the screen to be very noisy. I have tried both holes but still the same. Anyone else finding the same or could it be my helmet.
Unfortunately there are almost limitless combinations of windscreens and helmets. Well, not really but there are way too many to be able to afford. And what is acceptable to one may not be to another.

I have a Givi windscreen on my 08 V and like it better than the MRA touring screen that was on it when I bought it. However, wind noise varies depending on which helmet I wear - Bell, Z1R, or AGV. The AGV is the quietest but that is a result of how the helmet fits my head in my opinion.

The bottom line is that there doesn't seem to be a silver bullet. Good luck finding a combination that works well for you.

Arion

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 10:49 AM

It's a common issue with the Versys, and not every aftermarket screen works either, it depends on your torso length and somewhat on the helmet you wear. I've found the best is no screen at all on regular riding and if I take a long highway trip, I put the stock screen on the lowest setting and it helps limit fatigue but I do put the earplugs in then.

The Versys is a lot of fun to ride with no screen.

Lovin every minute of it!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
A wing is like riding a convertible with both arms hanging out the Windows. No wind gets to the rider's helmet or face. Goldwings, 1200GS, Ultra Classic, etc. Are touching on $30,000 these days. I could replace my 3 touring bikes with new leftover bikes of the same, but with zero miles, for the cost of one of those High End Bikes.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Well if he got the Espresso machine and Scone baker options on the Wing he could be a little short on cash.
Whoa! Take it easy, I'm an old guy and might not survive laughing that hard too many times.

Arion

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post

...and...

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode