The new Versys is here! I am in Love - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The new Versys is here! I am in Love

I currently ride a 2008 Kawasaki C14 with 60K on the clock. I love the bike, but have been looking for a new one. I have been eyeing the new LT 1000 since I read an article about it a few months back. Today I walk into the dealer and BAM there it is! It looks amazing. They just got it on the floor. My wife and I are riding it on Monday. Does anyone else have a brand new one? I usually don't like buying new bikes, but I am hooked on this thing. Thoughts?

We do a lot of two up riding so I want something that will work for those good 9 day adventures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
love the go fast copper welcome to the forums
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:37 PM

Garage
I test rode one 730 km and it's great. Goes well handles well it's just a little tall and heavy for me.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:58 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
I test rode one 730 km and it's great. Goes well handles well it's just a little tall and heavy for me.
lower it and eat more and it will be perfect
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:58 PM

Garage
You may miss the driveshaft, but I think you will really enjoy the V 1000. Let us know how the test ride goes.

As I get older I want ease of use when touring.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
looking good on that 1000...I see many many happy smiling miles ahead for you and yours...for two up it's perfect...

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 PM

Where are you located? I haven't seen one in person yet. No dealer within 200 miles of me has one.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 08:34 PM

It's a 1000LT, which comes standard with bags and hand guards, but neither are installed in the photo. Odd.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Don't be worried about it being a "1st" year bike, the V1K has been on sale for quite a while and most of the important parts are tried and true.

You will miss the shaft though, I hate lubing the chain when I'm touring and that leads to chain adjustments on the road as I'm not lubing it enough. When touring you can easily do 500 miles a day, which is the "chain lube" interval, and it is a hasle to carry a can of chain lube and rags. The centerstand will certainly make it easier.

Last edited by Süsser Tod; 01-16-2015 at 09:49 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo10s View Post
Does anyone else have a brand new one? I usually don't like buying new bikes, but I am hooked on this thing. Thoughts?
I think I second your motion.

I am waiting patiently for one to hit the floor at my dealer. I was sold on it at first sight and everything I've read about it since has only reinforced my decision. Anyway, my dealer's got the 650s, not sure what the holdup with the V1K is. I would think they'd load up a truck with the stock of Kaws for a few dealers and deliver everything to a dealer at once, but it looks like they deliver model by model.

I'm in Ohio and see a couple of dealers in Kentucky have the V1K, so hopefully, the anticipation won't keep me waiting too much longer. My busted leg from an accident last fall however...
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 11:51 PM

You are a big guy to be flat footed! It's a perfect fit for you
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Picked it up today!

Well I picked the bike up today. I think it might be the first one sold in the Metroplex here in the Dallas Ft Worth area. I traded in the C-14 and I am looking forward to riding the 1000LT for many years to come. The bags will be in later this week as will the hand guards. I also ordered the color matched factory top case. That will be here in approx 8 weeks. I am so ready to ride! Lets do this.

Oh yeah My Name is Jerry and I live in Plano Texas
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

The bags and hand guards will be here this week. I bought it right off the truck so they were still awaiting the accessories.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
You may miss the driveshaft, but I think you will really enjoy the V 1000. Let us know how the test ride goes.

As I get older I want ease of use when touring.
I will miss the shaft drive but have had chains in the past, not really a big deal to me. The ride went Great! I bought it!
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 PM

You may be one of the first in the nation to buy one.

I'm also riding a C-14 now and am considering a V1k.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo10s View Post
Well I picked the bike up today.
As the Mr Brightside soundtrack plays in my head..."Jealousy."

Looks great. Please continue to document your thoughts and experiences on your new acquisition. I need a regular fix and the media cycle has just about run its course. The pics are a nice touch.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 07:28 AM

Garage
I am a little confused. The LTs don't come from the factory with the accessories? Or did you buy a standard and are adding accessories to make it an LT?

Did you confirm what parts are included in an LT?

Oh, and Congrats. The Versys 1000 definitely would not replace my Concours. I would feel like I was going backwards. I know some will choose it over the Ninja 1000, and some over the Versys 650. I have a friend that is interested who currently rides a ZX10R, ZRX1200, and ZZR600.

My Versys Travels:

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 AM

Bought mine here in Aus a week ago we dont get the LT inclusions but they are listed as available options.. trouble was they didn't even have pricing !!!.. Got the pricing on day of delivery, last Friday so I have ordered Bags Box and Hand Guards .. Delivery for me ???? hopefully 4-6 weeks ??.. Till then I ride naked

Enjoy Lobo .. I am

Ian
Growing Older is Inevitable, Growing Up is Optional.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Nice Bike...I'm Jealous.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode