Another "V"... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another "V"...

Hello everyone. Just brought home my new (to me) '07 burnt candy orange Versys this afternoon. Completely stock except for handlebar risers and a throttle lock. This is my second "V"... my first is an '04 VRSCB "Road Rod" conversion.
The Versys will be my commuter bike, today I rode her home (first ride ever on the Versys, bought it without a test ride) just a little over 100km, and it is a really fun bike. Comfortable. Good wind protection with the stock shield in the highest setting, and I think it sounds nice. Looking forward to some nicer (warmer) weather so I can get some decent riding in.

Thought I would look into lowering the bike, or a lower seat option, but it seems as though it will be fine stock. I'm on the balls of my feet with both feet down, but I can flat foot comfortably on one side if I shift a hip and keep my foot on the brake like my buddies on their GS's do.

Questions: What are all of my options for aluminum panniers, what's the best? I like the look of Happy Trail stuff, and I really love the look of the Trax stuff. What are the must have farkles? Who do you like dealing with for accessories?

thanks
Grace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Welcome grace!

Rode it home???
Ontario Canada???
It was minus 12 C here this morn.

Welcome aboard Grace.
What part of Ontario are you from?

Hopefully you can get out for a V.O.M.I.T. (Versys Ontario Motorcycling Team) ride this summer.
Check out last years ride http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=4998

I understand the Orange Vs are almost as quick as the Green ones and the Green ones are almost as fast as the Red ones.

muskie

Last edited by muskie; 03-06-2010 at 11:17 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.slick View Post
What are the must have farkles? Who do you like dealing with for accessories?
Hi Grace

Welcome aboard.

Beautiful BC was a lot warmer than Ontario today - about 12C / low 50's F.

Speedy http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx has excellent stuff for the Versys and posts here from time to time. I have his morror extenders and a standard flatfoot.

My 2007 V came witha Kawasaki Gel Seat which others like, but isn't much cheaper than some of the cusomised seats available.

I have never tried the standard seat but as it is an inch taller I will stay with the gel.

Cheers

Big Aussie

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Welcome aboard.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info and welcome everyone! I rode it home in 3*C weather. It was a beautiful day for a ride!! Sun was shining, roads were dry. I rode it home from London to just outside of Woodstock. About to take it out for another toot today as it is going to be an even warmer, sunnier day here today!

V.O.M.I.T sounds good, as long as work permits sounds like it'll be a go. Is there a date set for 2010 yet?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM

Welcome g.slick. I went on the inaugural VOMIT ride with Muskie and others last fall. Great ride and even greater group of people. Put my battery back in today but too much ice on me driveway still. The best farkle I have added are mirror extenders by Motowerk.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randydesjardins View Post
Welcome g.slick. I went on the inaugural VOMIT ride with Muskie and others last fall. Great ride and even greater group of people. Put my battery back in today but too much ice on me driveway still. The best farkle I have added are mirror extenders by Motowerk.
Hey Randy,
How are you and Lynne?
Stop by sometime, I made a few rad guards, I have one for you.

Hi again Grace,
Speedy at Motowerks mentioned above is excellent. We got the lowering kit for my wife's bike as well as sure foots (feet?) and peg lowering brackets for both bikes from them.
We have another forum member from your town, furly. furly made it to the start of last fall's VOMIT ride but could not make it out for the run.
No dates set yet for any VOMIT rides.

muskie

Last edited by muskie; 03-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode