Why Versys....? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Why Versys....?

Hey all, I am new here, and ridden and owned a lot of bikes, just got the versys and excited to lean more about this machine...I've ridden and raced spotbikes in a circuit, ridden dirt bikes...done adventure riding...still have a wr250X converted to a R for ADV riding...sold the vstrom I had...now trying out the parallel twin versys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Why the Versys, because it a comfortable bike for long distances and great around town and awesome carving up twisty roads, going on a 800km round trip on the versys tomorrow.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 04:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Why the Versys, because it a comfortable bike for long distances and great around town and awesome carving up twisty roads, going on a 800km round trip on the versys tomorrow.
Not to mention they're relatively inexpensive and built to stay that way.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 06:20 AM

Love cannot be explained...you just enjoy each second of it 😉

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The Versys looks great, rides great, and just plain fits. When pushed into a corner and asked if I could only own one of my current bikes, the answer is the Versys.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:37 AM

I'm a big fan of the "Universal Japanese Motorcycle" of the 70's. The kind of bike that could do/be whatever you wanted. Put some off road tires on and you've got a dual sport, put some luggage on and you've got a touring bike.

The Versys reminds me of those bikes. It's a step away from the highly specialized, narrowly defined niches of modern motorcycles.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 12:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I ride with baggers and sport bikers..this bike handles both with ease...I haven't done any dirt roading yet..but I'm guessing we'd have a good time (with different tires that is)...

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 11:01 AM

To me it is a very good do it all kind of bike, it serves as my commuter and tourer. Unlike other bikes that are good for touring it is not humongous, which makes it a good bike for the city. It is also a frisky little bike as it is just a tall sportbike.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 05:43 PM

Welcome to the forum from Dallas TX
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratukai View Post
Hey all, I am new here, and ridden and owned a lot of bikes, just got the versys and excited to lean more about this machine...I've ridden and raced spotbikes in a circuit, ridden dirt bikes...done adventure riding...still have a wr250X converted to a R for ADV riding...sold the vstrom I had...now trying out the parallel twin versys!

Vertical singles or twins are the best handling bikes of all from my experience (but thumps numb your buns.) From all the Ninja crotch rockets sold, the Vs. has low overhead from the same manufacturing capital and many of the same parts or with little adjustments. Its the only bike most people can sit on indefinitely. The vertical sitting is safer from a vision aspect. It runs like a Ninja with more midrange. And there are about 20 more things, but it just makes me smile.

You are an expert rider. Doesn't that sound logical? Like you said, I was also "excited" when I learned about it too. This bike is a rare value and performance gem

Last edited by kawdog; 01-07-2015 at 11:50 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 AM

Garage
Because I every time I ride it
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 07:39 AM

To me the Versys is the perfect bike. Jack of all trades, so to speak. It is comfortable, quick enough, and has plenty of accessories available. The bike is one of the most well balanced bikes I have ever owned. By that I mean, the suspension, the weight, the torque, the hp, the ergos, all jive really well together to make one of the best all around bikes available.
In my younger days all I had were Supersports. But I got to the point where speed wasn't the most important quality in a motorcycle. So I bounced around on a sv1000, dr650, fz-09, until I discovered the Versys. I wish I had found her 5 years ago.

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper View Post
I'm a big fan of the "Universal Japanese Motorcycle" of the 70's. The kind of bike that could do/be whatever you wanted. Put some off road tires on and you've got a dual sport, put some luggage on and you've got a touring bike.

The Versys reminds me of those bikes. It's a step away from the highly specialized, narrowly defined niches of modern motorcycles.
That pretty much sums it up.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 11:08 AM

I like the new Ducati Scrambler too for the same reasons. It looks like you could take it anywhere.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
I like the new Ducati Scrambler too for the same reasons. It looks like you could take it anywhere.
...as long as you can afford the Ducati maintenance....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratukai View Post
Here are some answers to "Why Versys", as written in Cycle World, a few years ago.

Regards,
Dave Schigoda
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V test DMS quote.pdf (689.8 KB, 41 views)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 03:53 PM

Nice! Thanks for posting that. I have many of there same conclusions as the author did.

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode