Hey, I might as well as do this too! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I might as well as do this too!

My name is Alex... and I ride a Versys!

Haha! Well, rather than making this sound like an AA meeting, let me just tell you about the bike. I picked up a 2009 Green Versys last week and have been breaking her in the past few days. Did an oil/filter change on her at 100 miles and was pleasantly surprised how extremely easy it was! On my other bike I have to temporarily remove the rectifier.

I'm loving absolutely every second I'm on this bike. When I was shopping for a new bike, all of them felt cramped and/or were over-powered for what I wanted it to do: commuting everyday to/from work. At 6'1", 33" inseam and 180lbs, this bike fit me like a glove!

Well, thanks for listening. Looking forward to learning a lot from this great community!

• 2009 Green Versys
  • 2008 Black Vulcan 900 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 01:39 PM

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM

You might be even less cramped if you try adding the Motowerk peg lowering brackets, they help fit a 33 inseam(mine as well) perfect.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Green you say....very good choice as everyone knows the green ones are the fastest...LMAO !!!
And as for your refusal to acknowledge your "addiction"....Let it go Alex....Just let it go...your among friends here.
So repeat after me:
"Hi, my name is Alex and I am a Versys-holic".
(Please keep in mind that there is NO cure at this time but it's always best to except the truth....think of the children....)
Welcome to the forum Alex.

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
Green you say....very good choice as everyone knows the green ones are the fastest...LMAO !!!
LOL. When I was doing my research, I ran across a pic of the Versys. It really didn't do much for me so I put her in the back of my mind. While at my local Kawi dealer, I looked at different bikes and the Candy Lime Green of the Versys totally blew me away in person. I sat on it and BAM! I knew this bike was a major contender in the "Which bike will be Alex's new ride?" race.

Quote:
And as for your refusal to acknowledge your "addiction"....Let it go Alex....Just let it go...your among friends here.
So repeat after me:
"Hi, my name is Alex and I am a Versys-holic".
(Please keep in mind that there is NO cure at this time but it's always best to except the truth....think of the children....)
Heh, the more I ride this bike, the more I believe I'll get addicted to her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
You might be even less cramped if you try adding the Motowerk peg lowering brackets, they help fit a 33 inseam(mine as well) perfect.
Yeah, I read about them and they look interesting. I'm definitely considering them. Gotta get some other things first...

Thanks guys for the welcome! Looking forward to chatting up a great discussion on this wonderful ride.

• 2009 Green Versys
  • 2008 Black Vulcan 900 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode