Greetings from Aleeoop from Edmonds, near Seattle - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings from Aleeoop from Edmonds, near Seattle

Bought a pristine 2008 red Versys two weeks ago. Had a Wee Strom (too top heavy, long and ugly). Still have a "motard touring" DR650 Suzuki and KTM 200-EXC. Always looking for fun riding partners. I participate in an annual summer 2K to 3K (in a week) ride with a small, very loosely organized group of "tourists", ages 17 to 60, mixed group of bikes and riders. A nice couple saw us on a ferry boat and asked us if we were "Wild Hogs" and said "I've seen this movie." Our reply was "it's more like Dogs" and the name stuck ("Wild Dogs...sort of"). No colors but we do have laser cut logos (optional), on our bike luggage and helmets. Been riding 43 years, raced MX 10 years. I may have been fast but I got over that. It's all about fun, wide open spaces and interesting places. Of course, personalizing the bike is paramount. The only basic thing the Versys doesn't come with is an accurate speedo and a comfortable seat but then what sporty motorcycle does? Both fixable. Looking forward to hearing from, meeting and riding with others from this forum. Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeoop View Post
Bought a pristine 2008 red Versys two weeks ago. Had a Wee Strom (too top heavy, long and ugly). Still have a "motard touring" DR650 Suzuki and KTM 200-EXC. Always looking for fun riding partners. I participate in an annual summer 2K to 3K (in a week) ride with a small, very loosely organized group of "tourists", ages 17 to 60, mixed group of bikes and riders. A nice couple saw us on a ferry boat and asked us if we were "Wild Hogs" and said "I've seen this movie." Our reply was "it's more like Dogs" and the name stuck ("Wild Dogs...sort of"). No colors but we do have laser cut logos (optional), on our bike luggage and helmets. Been riding 43 years, raced MX 10 years. I may have been fast but I got over that. It's all about fun, wide open spaces and interesting places. Of course, personalizing the bike is paramount. The only basic thing the Versys doesn't come with is an accurate speedo and a comfortable seat but then what sporty motorcycle does? Both fixable. Looking forward to hearing from, meeting and riding with others from this forum. Cheers!
Sounds like you should get the 43 tooth sprocket, it will fix your speedometer accuracy and make highway cruising more enjoyable.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

43 tooth sprocket

I'm all over that.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Top of the sound to you, fellow PNdubber.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hi Aleeoop and

Good write up and Wild Hogs or Dogs dont make much difference as long as you enjoy your stay/ride in this blue bubble.

Have a safe ride.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Welcome brother oop...Dand you got one of those "fast" red ones....But you can't beat my blue for lookin good cred

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM

The true V purist ride only the red rocket. Welcome to the tribe. Send me a PM and we can get together for a scoot.

Bob

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 AM

Aleeoop,

Let the Good Times Roll.
I like what Bicyclebob said, followed by Contractor:

Red Rocket, Blue Cool and Green Mean. Oops, maybe Sparkling Silver.

Like humans, regardless of the color, it's what's underneath that counts.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 AM

A bit to the south east of you (Renton). Similar riding history, and as I did my last trackdays last year, I think our philosophies are rather similar. However, I do about 95% of my riding alone. Something about being a psychologist and wanting to get away from people when I ride. However, maybe a few of us need to meet up at the Sultan Cafe for a bit of lunch (it is awesome!!!!). Or, the pizza restaurant in Granite Falls (also awesome).

Later, Steve
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 PM

I have yet to still meet all the V owners in this area. Every so often I'll run across another that I haven't seen before, for instance, enroute to Evergreen Hospital last afternoon a Blue V with top and side Alu-box luggage powdercoated blue turned opposite of me, don't know who that was, but hi. Great to see the V gaining ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode