New here and looking for help. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New here and looking for help.

Hello all. First let me thank you in advance for any input received. I figured that turning to a forum that is focused on the Versys would be a good idea based on what I am after. I am working on a custom road-race bike for a guy and the slip-on that was used is originally intended for a Versys. It is a LeoVince SBK EVO-II under-slung silencer. I am in search of the stock restrictor (AKA-dB killer) that originally came with this piece of kit. My goal is to reduce the sound level of this machine. If anybody has one they are willing to part with, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks - Steve in Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:25 PM

Garage
Great slip on, someone should have a restrictor they don't need. I'm using mine so can't help
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
You might want to try ninja 650 forums as well. Pretty much the same bike from drivetrain perspective.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
It might be easier to make one.
I won't part with mine either.

The db killer is a push in fit with a securing screw.

The outer cup fits nice and snug in the outlet of the exhaust and is about 2in long then there is a smaller inner pipe that has a bend in it near the cup that goes inside.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies so far and the suggestion to check out a Ninja 650 forum. If I can't come up with one of these restrictors in a few days, I was planning on fabricating one. If someone has one out of their bike, would you mind taking some measurements? I would be interested to know the ID and lengths of the tube used for the inner tube and whether or not it is perforated or has other holes in it. A picture would be great if anybody could come up with one.

How effective is it at reducing the sound level? Has anybody measured the dB reduction?

Thanks again everybody.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 09:32 AM

Leo Vince # 308232801R (NR 47)

http://www.leovince.com/files/F7593/DT-8242.pdf

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...fLoc=2&_sop=15

Last edited by invader; 12-26-2014 at 09:36 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

I also came across that drawing on the LeoVince website, however couldn't quite figure the equivalent piece on ebay. Thanks for the help with that.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 03:11 AM

Yeah, here's the Versys specific link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LeoVince-Aus...df86c7&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode