New member from Sacramento - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member from Sacramento

While I don't currently own a Versys, it is on my radar. I have a NC700 that is a nice bike. I'm looking for a sportier bike with better suspension and everything I read suggests this bike fits that bill. I'll be renting a bike ASAP to make sure this is what I want.
BTW, either way I think the NC will be up for sale or trade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i love the V hope you do make the right choice and get one
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

I "test-rode" the NC700 for an hour or so when it came out. You WILL like the Versys MUCH more!!!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Understand the Sacramento received some rather horrendous rains lately. Hope you're above water.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 12-22-2014 at 06:12 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I test road the NC 700 as well and quite liked it. Particularly the exceptionally low center of gravity compared to the Versys and Honda's butter smooth shifter. The newer model Versys do shift much smoother though. The version 1 of the Versys (07-09) was a bit notchy shifting. The version 2 of the Versys has better vibration damping and a smoother shifter but not quite up to Honda's gold standard shifting ease. The Versys engine is a LOT more lively and entertaining and powerful than the Honda's. I felt this was the main downfall of the Honda. Kinda like the seating position of the Versys slightly better too. Suspension on Versys is firmer and more adjustable but not necessarily better but not worse either. Front brakes are better on the Versys too with dual rotors. In comparison the NC 700 felt like a well executed but under powered 500cc motorcycle compared to the more powerful Versys. When test riding don't forget to adjust your shift points. Although the engines of the two bikes feel very similar in response below ~5000 RPM, the Honda felt like it just ran out of oomph at this engine speed where it hit the red line and forced me to shift, the Versys on the other hand just continues to build more and more power all the way to 10,000 RPM.

Last edited by twowheels; 12-22-2014 at 08:49 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 09:58 PM
MTS

I looked at NC7. Didn't really need to ride one. If I was going in that direction I would get the new Honda 300 scooter. Cann't remember the name of it but its an awesome scooter.

V is totally different! You have to shift gears!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 10:43 AM

In the Sac area as well. Great bike for all the nice roads out here, street traffic and highways. Good Times Kawi, PCP motorsports, Roseville Yamaha / Kawi but I got mine in the Bay Area at Concord Powersports via the Costco deal. Got a bit of a discount and a 200 Costco card. Was a real impulse buy. Went to the store with my wife, they had the white on on display. Sat on it. My wife told the door checker; he's going to buy that bike. Got it the next day. The Bay Area gives better trades cause they can sell used bikes faster in that market. They gave me what I wanted for my 04' ZZR-1200 and I rode the V home. I still ride my 11' C14 but if I had to choose between the two I would keep the Versys.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydbayb View Post
In the Sac area as well. Great bike for all the nice roads out here, street traffic and highways. Good Times Kawi, PCP motorsports, Roseville Yamaha / Kawi but I got mine in the Bay Area at Concord Powersports via the Costco deal. Got a bit of a discount and a 200 Costco card. Was a real impulse buy. Went to the store with my wife, they had the white on on display. Sat on it. My wife told the door checker; he's going to buy that bike. Got it the next day. The Bay Area gives better trades cause they can sell used bikes faster in that market. They gave me what I wanted for my 04' ZZR-1200 and I rode the V home. I still ride my 11' C14 but if I had to choose between the two I would keep the Versys.
Where are you riding? What I mean is, what roads are you riding? I'm curious to know how the V performs in various situations.

Nothing to see here. Ride along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode