2nd post 1 week on Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2nd post 1 week on Versys

Okay last week I head to the old bike shop to look at Vulcan's 650 and 900 (but always eyeballing the ZX10 and busa). The last bike I had was a GPZ750 (non-turbo) and a Midnight Maxim 650 back in the late 80's. It's freaking time to ride again, I told my recently separated wife. Christmas to myself this year was 10k for bike, helm, jacket.... I'm a big guy at 6'1" 240 lbs and always loved the ZRX1200 but missed my chance to get one new and I'm not too keen on spilling my 46 yo hairy love handles out on a ZX10, maybe on my 65 birthday. So I have decided on a Kawa-z1000zx1zrxbusa kinda bike. I get 2 steps on the showroom floor and all I can see is a all black 12 Versys with 62 miles on her. SOLD. This Versys 648 has some crazy power I didn't give the proper respect when I negotiated the price. This bike will go quicker and faster than I want to so there is no more "is this big enough cc" BS I was asking myself. The seat is total fail however. I was going to put some new cans and a fuel controller on her first after break-in but this seat has to go. Seems I need to send it off to Corbin or somewhere to get un-wtf'd. I had some concern about sprocket choice at first but that has been worked out by riding more, 5k rpm seems to be home for me in pretty much any gear. I absolutely love this motorcycle in stock trim, just me and a backpack so no hard saddle bags at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 04:25 PM

Awesome, glad to hear your favorable impressions of the versys. I have a '13 versys and only mods I have done thus far, are a bigger windshield and bark busters. It is a really nice bike for the $, even stock. The only other items i have planned for the versys are a more comfortable seat, running lights, and some type of luggage (not sure if I want top case or side bags).

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
..., and you can make the seat MUCH better by raising the front (try SEARCH function). Mine are up 9/16", and I ride some LONG days...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! I will try this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode