valve adjust intervals - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
valve adjust intervals

Greetings,

I thought after the first couple of valve adjustments were about 600 and 12,000 miles; and then the the intervals were 24,000 miles. It's hard to dig up on the internet for all of the years without a shop manual. Was the 24k mile intervals just for the new 2015 models (It could also be internet minutia or my cataracts too )? Every 15k miles is not too shabby, but 24k miles is almost next to hydraulic no-adjust valves (but the performance may not be as good, or for 4 cylinders only.)

If the intervals change at any year or years, please let me know for my purchasing research.

As always, Thanks Gratefully!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
It hasn't changed since the 2007 Versys was introduced... I checked my 2007 at about 3,000 miles, and found that one exhaust valve was just below minimum spec at 0.21 mm, so I set them all at middle of range; 0.18 mm inlet valves, and 0.26 mm exhaust valves. Many have found some valve clearances to be lacking, especially on the exhausts on earlier models. It's good to at least measure clearances early, as it's relatively easy. Once properly set, you can ride in peace for the long haul.

Why are you still in the member introductions forum section with this technical question?

Last edited by invader; 12-12-2014 at 02:15 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It hasn't changed since the 2007 Versys was introduced... I checked my 2007 at about 3,000 miles, and found that one exhaust valve was just below minimum spec at 0.21 mm, so I set them all at middle of range; 0.18 mm inlet valves, and 0.26 mm exhaust valves. Many have found some valve clearances to be lacking, especially on the exhausts on earlier models. It's good to at least measure clearances early, as it's relatively easy. Once properly set, you can ride in peace for the long haul.

Why are you still in the member introductions forum section with this technical question?

Oh, I'm sorry! I was not sure when I would not be a new member, and they were so helpful here. I am just scrambling now to get a bike so I'm not exactly thinking clearly: you know, focused with blinders on. Using Pareto analysis is what keeps us old guys on the tracks day to day, when dealing with hectic deadlines. I won't do it again! Thanks for the heads-up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode