Just picked up my Second Versys (09 Blue) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just picked up my Second Versys (09 Blue)

Well I am finally back on the best bike I think I have ever had. Just a great all around bike.

I found a Very Slightly used 09 in Houston at a dealer.

The bike only has 188 miles on it, both factory keys and owners manual. It is all stock, and has remaining warranty till October 2010.

It was never dropped, down, scratched, or even washed. The bike still smells new, I picked over it very close. I removed all the panels to clean them after washing. And I swear there was not even dust on the back sides. I removed the Sprocket cover and it was very clean in there with the exception of a little flung factory grease. Every bolt on the bike looks new, no rust or corrosion. I am very happy with this purchase, and very happy to be back on a Versys

Here are the pics before I washed it, not much difference after the washing.

And after the Wash, oil change and reflectorectomy

Sorry for the long post can you tell I am very pleased

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:24 PM

Congrats!!!!

I just got a Green 09 about 3 weeks ago.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, a happy Versys owner once again!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 PM

Welcome back!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 AM

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.....
But I gotta ask....where did you go....and what were you riding?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 AM

Glad you got what you were looking for. I do wish I could see some pictures. Do you have any? congrats buddy, I still haven't made up my mind yet..........

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 AM

enjoy The V!!

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM

Nice pictures. Where did you get your wheel stands?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:47 AM

Welcome back to the V brotherhood, tap. I sure like your lift. Wish I had one just like it. I have to deal with this made in China Craftsman thing,,,,

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:46 AM

Great looking V. We need to get a "meet and greet " together for N. TX (and anyone else interested!! :>)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.....
But I gotta ask....where did you go....and what were you riding?

Thanks for all the kind words guys!!!

It is really nice to be back!!!

Well I Sold my 08 Versys, when gas was reaching $4 a gal here in TX. I decided to get a new 08 Bandit 1250S to make my trips back and forth to AR. The Bandit is an awesome bike has tons of power and is silky smooth on the road. Now that gas has come down in price, I would rather have a lighter more fuel efficient bike to play on. As soon as I decided to sell the Bandit, my first thought was Versys. I looked at everything else out there, even thought I might stray over to the Aprilia side for a Dorsoduro. But again decided on the Versys, for it's simplicity, and low maintenance. There just is not a better bike out there for the money, if you consider how easy the Versys is to maintain, and the fun factor. I have had many bikes and the Versys definitely goes down as one of the best I have ever had. Not bragging here, but to give you an idea of all the bikes I have had since Feb, 2004 here is the list.

03 Honda BlackBird
05 Honda GoldWing ABS
06 GSXR 1000 Red/Blk
06 GSXR 600
06 FJR1300A
06 DR650SE
06 CBR1000RR
07 CBR600RR
07 ST1300 ABS (used)
06 KTM 450EXC Plated
06 DRZ 400SM (used)
01 Kawasaki Concours (used)
07 CBR 600RR (Yes I bought another one)
08 Kawasaki Versys
06 GSXR 1000 Blu/Wht (used)
08 Suzuki SV650S (used)
05 Yamaha YZF600R (Track Bike) (used)
06 CBR 600RR (Track/Street) (used)
08 Bandit 1250S
09 Versys (used)

So when I say I feel like the Versys is the best bike for the price and fun factor, I feel I can justify that statement. There might be something better out there, but I have never thrown a leg over it.

I know I have a serious bike addiction, but it is my parents fault for not letting me have a bike when I was a kid.

Todd
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNeal View Post
Nice pictures. Where did you get your wheel stands?
Those stands came from a local dealer T-Rexx they are really heavy duty, have the weight of Pitbulls. I got that set for $140 and it also comes with the Tripple tree adapter. If you dont want the Triple adapter, the set is like $100. What I like about them is the handles are removeable, so you wont be tripping over them. They are really well made, and they give you lots of extras when you buy them.

Todd
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Glad to see you made it back Tap. Looking at all your pics I think I might have to wash mine. Looks great good luck. Too bad you sold the 08 since you do know they are a little faster.lol
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapntx View Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys!!!

It is really nice to be back!!!

Well I Sold my 08 Versys, when gas was reaching $4 a gal here in TX. I decided to get a new 08 Bandit 1250S to make my trips back and forth to AR. The Bandit is an awesome bike has tons of power and is silky smooth on the road. Now that gas has come down in price, I would rather have a lighter more fuel efficient bike to play on. As soon as I decided to sell the Bandit, my first thought was Versys. I looked at everything else out there, even thought I might stray over to the Aprilia side for a Dorsoduro. But again decided on the Versys, for it's simplicity, and low maintenance. There just is not a better bike out there for the money, if you consider how easy the Versys is to maintain, and the fun factor. I have had many bikes and the Versys definitely goes down as one of the best I have ever had. Not bragging here, but to give you an idea of all the bikes I have had since Feb, 2004 here is the list.

03 Honda BlackBird
05 Honda GoldWing ABS
06 GSXR 1000 Red/Blk
06 GSXR 600
06 FJR1300A
06 DR650SE
06 CBR1000RR
07 CBR600RR
07 ST1300 ABS (used)
06 KTM 450EXC Plated
06 DRZ 400SM (used)
01 Kawasaki Concours (used)
07 CBR 600RR (Yes I bought another one)
08 Kawasaki Versys
06 GSXR 1000 Blu/Wht (used)
08 Suzuki SV650S (used)
05 Yamaha YZF600R (Track Bike) (used)
06 CBR 600RR (Track/Street) (used)
08 Bandit 1250S
09 Versys (used)

So when I say I feel like the Versys is the best bike for the price and fun factor, I feel I can justify that statement. There might be something better out there, but I have never thrown a leg over it.

I know I have a serious bike addiction, but it is my parents fault for not letting me have a bike when I was a kid.

Todd
ever tried the FZ1?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
ever tried the FZ1?
Never tried the newer one, did test ride the first gen though. Just could not find a clean low mile one at what I was willing to pay. That is how I ended up with the 08 Bandit 1250S, which is an awesome bike.

Todd
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 AM

Congrats on the new ride!

Hey, is that the Harbor Freight lift? I really like that. Man, it's hard to believe that my bike looked just like that one only a year ago. It seems like I've had it a lifetime, but I only have 16,000 miles on it so far. I need to hang up a pic of yours to make me feel guilty when I let the mud build up too deep on KawasiMoto...

There is a lot of talk about what the Versys is and what it isn't - to me, it's simply the best choice for the type of riding that I enjoy the most. I'm thinking about picking up another one this year as a 'backup' ride.

Don't you think that it's a ^%#$&# shame that Hunter S. Thompson wasn't an adventure rider? Imagine the ride reports...!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeWNC View Post
Hey, is that the Harbor Freight lift? I really like that. Man, it's hard to believe that my bike looked just like that one only a year ago. It seems like I've had it a lifetime, but I only have 16,000 miles on it so far. I need to hang up a pic of yours to make me feel guilty when I let the mud build up too deep on KawasiMoto...

There is a lot of talk about what the Versys is and what it isn't - to me, it's simply the best choice for the type of riding that I enjoy the most. I'm thinking about picking up another one this year as a 'backup' ride.

Yes that is the HF lift, i got a good deal on it about 5 years ago for $260 OTD. And in my state where the Sales tax is 8.25%. It has worked flawlessly, never leaks and always works. It is the foot operated model, very easy to use, and is a savior on your knees and back trying to twist around.

You are right, it really is a great bike, really does a lot of things very well!!!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode