Woohoo. Pick mine up on Friday - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo. Pick mine up on Friday

Finalized everything. Pick my new ride up on Friday. And the weather here in Atlanta is supposed to be up in the 50's so will get to ride also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Congratulations Opie! I've been lurking around the forums for a little while and actually put a deposit down on a Green V in Saturday. The only thing keeping me from finishing the deal is that I bought an 09 KLR last September and I really can't justify having two bikes to do the same thing (as it turns out, I'm having a lot more fun on the road than in the trails!) Had I know this from the beginning I probably would have not bought the KLR but so the story goes....decisions, decisions. Anyways, congratulation again and I wish we had your weather in the northeast for this weekend!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM

happy for both of you, I know you will enjoy the V. Opie what did you get new or used? color?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
happy for both of you, I know you will enjoy the V. Opie what did you get new or used? color?
New 09 Green
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 PM

As many have said before........Green IS the fastest.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM

congrats, ride safe
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 PM

Is this Opie the Road Atlanta racer dude Opie? He's from the Atlanta area. Either way congrats on your new ride. Upper 50's this weekend and I cant wait either!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 05:53 AM

That's funny, I've been watching the weather, too. I'm picking mine up on Friday, as well, in Lilburn.

Be safe!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman325 View Post
Is this Opie the Road Atlanta racer dude Opie? He's from the Atlanta area. Either way congrats on your new ride. Upper 50's this weekend and I cant wait either!
No. I know him though. Just a board name for me. I don't "go" by opie. Just another redhead
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Oops my bad...you guys are gonna love this bike!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman325 View Post
Oops my bad...you guys are gonna love this bike!
No worries. it happens a lot. I chose "opie" as a board name on an Atlanta based sportbike forum before I knew who he was. Oops
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

she's in the back of the truck in my parking garage at work right now . So purty and it's nice outside. Wish I didn't have to work this afternoon
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Enjoy that V. I have a sis in Atlanta, if I ever get to ride down there, I will give you a shout.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Good for you. Enjoy the weather. I took a spin this morning but it was only 37 degrees so the ride only lasted 25 min. My body wasn't all that cold, I couldn't get the cold off my head. I cant wait for 50,anyway enjoy the green machine
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM

Picked up my blue '09 Versys this afternoon and took my time going home. Very easy to ride, I must say. Gear selector is a bit notchy, but I read others had this too at first but it diminishes as the bike breaks in. No other issues. Very maneuverable, easy clutch helps a ton.

We have a sunny weekend in front of us here in Atlanta, so I plan on riding both Saturday (between my kids' first baseball practices of the spring season) and Sunday.

I'm so psyched I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
We have a sunny weekend in front of us here in Atlanta, so I plan on riding both Saturday (between my kids' first baseball practices of the spring season) and Sunday.

I'm so psyched I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight!

That's cool!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Versys View Post
Congratulations Opie! I've been lurking around the forums for a little while and actually put a deposit down on a Green V in Saturday. The only thing keeping me from finishing the deal is that I bought an 09 KLR last September and I really can't justify having two bikes to do the same thing (as it turns out, I'm having a lot more fun on the road than in the trails!) Had I know this from the beginning I probably would have not bought the KLR but so the story goes....decisions, decisions. Anyways, congratulation again and I wish we had your weather in the northeast for this weekend!
Well...I did it! Picked up the Green Versys this afternoon Now if we could just get some temperatures above 40 degrees here in the cold northeast! Anyways, the new bike looks very good in the garage next to my 5-month old KLR

09 Versys
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well...I did it! Picked up the Green Versys this afternoon Now if we could just get some temperatures above 40 degrees here in the cold northeast! Anyways, the new bike looks very good in the garage next to my 5-month old KLR
Awesome man.. Congrats. Only have a couple hundred miles on mine but really enjoying it so far. Sending my seat off for some improvements and have some KTM handguards on the way for a little more hand warmth and an SW Motech toprack should be here on Thursday
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Well I took it out today after work. I have the first 7 miles on it! Couple of things I noticed. The bike is much more compact than my KLR in terms of the amount of room I have on the bike but I'm sure I'll adjust. The bike has oodles of power more than my KLR...WOW! I couldn't see past my arms/elbows in the mirrors but I think I got them adjusted afterwards so they'll be ok w/o needing replacements. And...the front end is really light! I had the front wheel off the ground a couple of times and didn't mean to (at first ). This bike is going to be alot of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
Awesome man.. Congrats. Only have a couple hundred miles on mine but really enjoying it so far. Sending my seat off for some improvements and have some KTM handguards on the way for a little more hand warmth and an SW Motech toprack should be here on Thursday
Excellent. You are not wasting anytime makeing mods. I love having the handguards on my KLR so I know where you are coming from there. What are you doing with the toprack? Are you planning to add a topcase? I was looking to add the V36 Coocase with the SW Motech toprack. I have a case on the KLR and it's great to have.

09 Versys
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Excellent. You are not wasting anytime makeing mods. I love having the handguards on my KLR so I know where you are coming from there. What are you doing with the toprack? Are you planning to add a topcase? I was looking to add the V36 Coocase with the SW Motech toprack. I have a case on the KLR and it's great to have.
I already had a Givi V46 from previous bikes so I went with the SW Motech Toprack. Function over aesthetics for me when it comes to the topcase. Love the storage and ease of use. Hanguards came yesterday so I'll get those on today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode