Tyres Which Ones To Get - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyres Which Ones To Get

Currently have Michelin Pilots,had a rear puncture at about 60(not overkeen on that sensation) repaired by road with plug but hole a bit big .So What next ? Rather think it would sit better with something like an Avon Distanzia. Any thoughts anyone also if I replace the rear with an Avon is it ok to keep running the Michelin on the front.
Thankyou in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had the Michelin PR3's on my Versys and PR4 GT's on the FJR. If i still had the Versys i would get PR3's or PR4's....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I had the Michelin PR3's on my Versys and PR4 GT's on the FJR. If i still had the Versys i would get PR3's or PR4's....
I absolutely agree. Very nice tires, especially for the current season. It seems like the Pilot Road 4's may end up lasting longer and don't cost too much more than the Pilot Road 4's.

That being said, if you're going to get into some light off roading- people seem to think the distanzias are a great tire. Snoop around reviews on ADV rider for a while. There are far more opinions over there. Mixing the two wont cause any problems. You'll still have terrible grip off road because the front is the important one.

Michelin PR3/4's are hands down the best on-road all season tire. It's what the C.H.P. bikes use.

2014 Versys ABS

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 11:04 PM

Garage
Have PR2's love them, PR4's will be next
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

must admit have read a few reviews now and the PR3 that is on it is looking favourable
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 11:45 PM

I have the Pilot Road 4. I have 1k on them so far. very nice tire. Great reviews on the tire as well.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I've had excellent results with the Michelin Pilot Road 3. The Pirelli Angel GT however has bested it in a few magazine comparisons including the one below.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/ne...-touring-tyre/

Last edited by twowheels; 11-22-2014 at 11:08 AM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:14 AM

I don't trust those results exactly- not because it was on the manufacturers website but because Dunlops make the list and we've all had our experience with those....

2014 Versys ABS
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 AM

Garage
The Dunlop tires that come with the bike are like the half filled printer ink cartridges that come with a new printer, they are not reflective of Dunlop's production tires. Continental do the same thing with Road Attack vs much cheaper Conti-Motion as does Bridgestone with different lines for retail sales and OEM use.

Last edited by twowheels; 11-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:43 AM

Garage
Deleted

Last edited by twowheels; 11-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 AM

My first question also... Tires

Every search I have made so far seems to indicate the Michelin Pilot 3 and 4 are most often recommended.

Pick a road and ride

Billy Gilbert

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The Dunlop tires that come with the bike are like the half filled printer ink cartridges that come with a new printer, they are not reflective of Dunlop's production tires. Continental do the same thing with Road Attack vs much cheaper Conti-Motion as does Bridgestone with different lines for retail sales and OEM use.
Always thought that when you buy a new car only the otherway around bought a new fiesta van with Michelins on it it did best part of 30k on them,never got that on any replacements of any make, did over 200k with it in 3 years as a courier .PR 3 on its way for me anyway
Thankyou all !!!!!!!!!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 PM

My 09 v came with brand new Dunlop Q3's on it. I've put a little over 500 miles on them and I'm really liking these tires.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 04:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Have PR2's love them, PR4's will be next
Now got PR4's and they are even better than the PR2's
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 04:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I've had excellent results with the Michelin Pilot Road 3. The Pirelli Angel GT however has bested it in a few magazine comparisons including the one below.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/ne...-touring-tyre/
I had a set of Angel GT's on the bike for my 8,000 km trip they were good, however I prefer the feel and handling of the Michelin's. Obviously this is my personal opinion.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Finally got some rain and with the PR4's it like riding on dry pavement....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNBu...SSyPVjUdRIRZdQ

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode