Bought my Versys yesterday! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Bought my Versys yesterday!

Hi all,

I first saw/rode a Versys when a Kawasaki rep had one for demo rides at a track event back in 2008, and I was immediately smitten. I watched prices and kept up on the forums (mostly this one) just waiting for the right deal. Yesterday I got a brand-spanking new Candy Plasma Blue 2009 Versys for an OTD price of $6679. They will prep it Monday, and I can pick it up Tuesday (or when it stops raining here in Atlanta!). I'll try to post photos later.

If any of you are in Atlanta, I will tell you the going price is about $6600 for '09s. Several dealers have stock they have to move. I went to Millennium Cycleworks and they were great. Another dealer tried to get me to bite on $7400, then was mad (actually called to admonish me) when I struck my better deal. Too bad, so sad.

I am so thrilled about this one, and the outrageous praise I keep reading helps me feel good about buying the Versys. I'm sure many of you will agree that this forum is so helpful in providing a lot of insight into the numerous positives and the few things to address.

I do have a question: Is there an aftermarket extender for the rear part of the front fender? I read on a post that someone didn't like that rocks were hitting his radiator. Just wondering.

So, I'm happy to be part of the Versys family, and can't wait to ride!

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 01:18 PM

New Versys.

Gary,

I have a candy blue Versys also, I have had it since October. I have had 7 motorcycles in my lifetime, this bike is by far the best. There is a rear fender extender, just do a search for it on the site here. Thanks, and welcome to the fraternity. The Best GV09
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

D'oh!

Why I didn't search the forum is beyond me!!

Thanks!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
vp7

Here's a link to one place to get it http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4959/652/ lots of other stuff to buy from them for the versys.

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Congratulations on your New Bike. Plazma Blue is my favorite color. I had picked mine up April 4th 2009. Front Fender extention is Fenda Extenda. I'm cheap and working on molding my own home made extention. Likely will not be as ellegant but I,m lookiong at protection to my Radiator and keeping some of the Mud/sand off the from motor. Cheers on your new wheels.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 AM

Welcome from Roswell, GA. Let's go hit the mountains, as soon as it warms up a little!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 AM

What did they say in their admonishment call? "Hey you saved over $700 on the same exact bike we have for sale, You're gonna regret it!"

Good bike for the money! Welcome to the club.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Dad

Another New Versys owner

I just bought a Candy Plasma Blue '09 Versys on Saturday. So, it is everything I thought it would be. I had been watching multiple discussion forums and was having a hard time deciding between this and the V-Strom, but since I don't plan on doing a lot of off-road riding, thought the Versys would end up being more fun.

Looking forward to breaking it in. I'm also interested in some the aftermarket options that help reduce normal wear and tear. I plan on keeping this bike for the long haul, and teaching my son to ride with it in ~10 years.

Anyway, happy to finally join the club.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM

You are going to enjoy this bike immensly! It does everything well, light touring, twisties, etc. I can't wait till spring when I can take it on a camping trip on the BRP. I spent the winter getting the necessary equipment to do that
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Welcome XLR8/DAD. Got a Blue myself.You will love this bike.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:40 PM

Woohoo.. put the deposit on my versys today also. Gonna pick it up next week. No hurry with this craptastic weather in Atlanta lately
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Awesome! Once the weather clears a bit let me know and we will take a run up to the mountains!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 PM

Congrats on your EXCELLENT choice! Get ready to strain your smile muscles

David

I always come back from one of these trips with about 350 pictures of my bike - Ewan McGregor
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Great! Now we have snow coming to Atlanta tomorrow. I wonder if I can pick it up on Saturday as I planned? My fellow Atlanta Versys owners here in town can attest to the fact that a dusting brings this city to its knees mainly because we have no snow clearing equipment.

I've been here since 1972 and it's always the same. It snows and all my co-workers from the North complain about Southerners not knowing how to drive in the snow. What they won't admit is that mostly the Northerners who venture out to drive in the stuff. Southerners know the threat of snow means 'Holiday' and they stay home after a night of clinking glasses!

Hope it all just blows over.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM

and Congrats on your V.
More farkles to follow. . Hope the weather clears to start the odometer.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Brought it home this afternoon and it's safe in my garage. Warm weekend means I get to log miles both days. I can't wait until I have it fully broken in and can start to really ride. Very cool bike, as you all undoubtedly already know!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Congratulations on the new Blue Baby

With any luck my Blue 09 will be in my garage tomorrow evening.

Todd
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 12:51 AM

Garage
Talking I'll hit the road tomorrow

I bought my Versys second hand in October, but have only been able to pet it every time I pass it in the garage.

Having licenced and insured it from tonight till mid October I will hopefully go for my first real ride tomorrow.

I got the premium Olympic plates just because the number started with "V".

See you on the road!

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode