New member (not an owner..... yet!) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member (not an owner..... yet!)

Hello to everyone, just a brief intro. I'm new to the world of motorcycling, but I've completed my MSF BRC and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed my selection for a first bike down the Versys. It seems to provide balanced performance in most scenarios (commuting, touring, fun sporty riding) and the price is reasonable. Thanks for the info here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:57 AM

I was in the same boat several weeks ago. I too am a new rider, just took the MSF course, and two weeks ago got my Versys. The V is GREAT!!. We have some very twisty roads around the little lake we live near and this bike just eats up the twisties. I have been very aggressive alpine skier for over 40 yrs. Riding the twisties feels like carving turns on the ski slopes. Lots of fun. The bike breeds confidence and great control. The only negatives I have found are, the seat in stock form makes you feel like you're sliding onto the tank, and the wind screen lets too much buffeting at highway speed. I did some cutting and dishing to the seat and that is much better and improved handling since I'm not leaning on the bars anymore. Hope this helps your decision, one newby to another.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:21 PM

Congrats on the BRC. You'll love the Versys for your first bike - it will take you a long ways before you decide you want something else.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Well, it didn't take too long to pull the trigger. Bought one today! Looking forward to getting familiar with the bike, but I think I'll sit down and read the owner's manual cover to cover first. Thanks for the welcome!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM

enjoy this was my first bike and I love it easy to learn on and very fun on some twisty roads

Working to make it my Streetfighter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 AM

Welcome, I've had quite a few bikes and I think the Versys is a great starter bike. It's also a lot of fun for experienced riders because you can use most of it's potential on the street! Enjoy!

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:52 PM

Hey, I just got my license and have never owned a bike but like the Versys for my first. I tried to find one in my area but all are sold out. I was hoping to find someone in area so I could see one in person and at least sit on it before having one shipped my way. How do you like it, pretty good for a first bike? I heard it was a little tall but I am 6' and think this would not be an issue for me.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:14 PM

I purchased mine from Talladega Cycle Sales about a month ago and could not be happier with either the bike or the dealership. I believe they are approximately 70 miles from you and they had one left but that was about a month ago. Give them a call, ask for Axel to see if it's still there and then head on over. You won't be disappointed.

-Skip
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadoo View Post
Hey, I just got my license and have never owned a bike but like the Versys for my first. I tried to find one in my area but all are sold out. I was hoping to find someone in area so I could see one in person and at least sit on it before having one shipped my way. How do you like it, pretty good for a first bike? I heard it was a little tall but I am 6' and think this would not be an issue for me.
This is my first bike, and looking at the specs I was afraid it would be a little tall as well. But when I actually got to sit on it, the fit was just fine. I'm 6'0" and have a 30" inseam. I can put my feet "almost" flat on the ground, the balls of my feet very easy. I got mine 3 days ago and I've got 200 miles so far. It's very easy to control and maneuver in parking lots (crab walking, turning around, walking it backwards, etc.). Since this is my first and only bike I can't give you a comparison to others, but I'm very satisfied with it. Going on a 4-5 hour ride in the morning, so I hope to have the 600-mile break-in limit exceeded by the end of the day. Good luck with your decision!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode