Best Replacement exhaust - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Best Replacement exhaust

Am in the uk whats the best replacement exhaust for my 2007 650 versys dont want to have the engine altered just plug and play so to speak Looked at the Leo Vince as advised just wondering any favourites
Thankyou

Last edited by groundhog; 10-05-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Putting my OEM back on. The Delkevic Tri-Oval 14 is nice, sporty sound, just a bit loud for my neighborhood. Good you're doing your research before you get one.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 02:49 PM

I love my Leo Vince. In my most humble opinion it is the best sounding of the aftermarket slipons (note: research based mainly on youtube). The easily removable baffle is a nice touch for when you really want to hear it. With the baffle in I don't get complaints from any neighbors on a crowded NYC block (which is a concern as I like to let my bike fully warm up in the morning), and with the baffle out it gets bassier and generally less civilized . I wind up taking the baffle out about once a year, enjoy the noise for about 20 minutes, and then put it back in due to the headache. It's nice to have the option, though. Also of note, though I've only dealt with their American representatives they were great to work with, and shipped me a missing rubber plug with no hassle. Even more amazingly the whole interaction happened via one of the notoriously pointless chat-in-website support sessions. They've got customer service locked down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Always liked my Yoshi....But i do love the sound of the Scorpion Exhaust too...

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 03:21 PM

Cool just ordered a Yoshi. Used to have one on my zuki. Hope it sounds as good on the V.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 03:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykawi View Post
Cool just ordered a Yoshi. Used to have one on my zuki. Hope it sounds as good on the V.

Baffle In....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4...eYiF093gd2mRyD

Baffle Out...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGf6...EK6eX7rv9iiEVK

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 06:48 PM

Garage
LeoVince easily the best looking and it sounds good without being too loud

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 11:35 PM

I really like my delkevic. I opted for the longer (not the ss70) stainless, and the sound is great. Install was easy, and it's not so loud with the DB killer in. When you take it out, it sounds mean as hell. Build quality is great for the price, but who knows how long it'll last. I've only got 1000 miles on it.

2014 Versys ABS
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:46 AM

Got a Yoshimura, I like it alot. Not real loud until you get on it.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

lovin the links photo's etc not sure about the yoshi any links with the leo vince or others
Not clever enough to add links but there is Roadstalia oval titanium on You tube maybe someone smart can add it !
Now that i think im liking no idea if the engine needs retuning or if it reduces severity of engine breaking(which is how i got on the whole exhaust thing anyway)

Last edited by groundhog; 10-06-2014 at 10:22 AM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My 2008 came with a Two Brothers muffler (silencer) and it was much too loud for my neighborhood even with the baffle inserted. Yoshi and Leo Vince seem to be the most popular among American members of the forum. Good luck to you.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
My 2008 came with a Two Brothers muffler (silencer) and it was much too loud for my neighborhood even with the baffle inserted. Yoshi and Leo Vince seem to be the most popular among American members of the forum. Good luck to you.
Versys seems to be popular with you guys on other side of the water very envious of the you tube clips always you always seem to be cruising up some spectacular scenic route with bright sunshine ! and canyons and stuff
Having said that Ikea at Croydon can look quite nice in the right light.Roads in this neck of the woods can also be challenging due to the fact they never resurface and their is always a bod from thames water digging up the road any filling it in 6inchs higher than the rest of the carriageway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bikes 002.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	55618  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Roadsitalia it is just ordered a special titanium from the factory in Italy .Will post a clip before and after
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 09:40 PM

glad I found this thread, it was a good read. I really think a 2 brothers is going to be the ticket. I like the sound of the 2B cans and I like that I'll get a bit of a horsepower boost. my question is a 2B can worth the extra money over say a delkevic SS70?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I would've LOVED to get a good LeoVince..but they had some problems..went out of production for awhile..and I'm not sure you can get any of the pipes states side any more...So I got a Yoshi...I posted a thread about Conrad exhaust the other day..I like them as they aren't as loud as say my Yoshi is and they look really good..color choice and all...If you're looking for big hp or torque advances..there's not much you can really gain with any exhaust that isn't going to set off car alarms for blocks...Try searching exhausts in the Search above there...lots and lots of stuff...The newer the post the better..as I mentioned before..like LeoVince..the part may no longer available if the post is really old (2 years..lol)...
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:24 PM

My 09 v came with the Vance and Hines CS one pipe already on it I like the way it looks and sounds. It's not to loud until I get it up around the 6k rpm mark.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenhawaiian View Post
glad I found this thread, it was a good read. I really think a 2 brothers is going to be the ticket. I like the sound of the 2B cans and I like that I'll get a bit of a horsepower boost. my question is a 2B can worth the extra money over say a delkevic SS70?
I didn't get the SS70, but I got the same shape kinda 14" model, and I like it. There hasn't been any issues thus far and the finish is very nice. For the cost, I don't think I can find any faults. It sounds awesome with the baffle out, but a little loud at highway speeds. With it in it's a nice all around muffler.

2014 Versys ABS
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacucaracha View Post
I didn't get the SS70, but I got the same shape kinda 14" model, and I like it. There hasn't been any issues thus far and the finish is very nice. For the cost, I don't think I can find any faults. It sounds awesome with the baffle out, but a little loud at highway speeds. With it in it's a nice all around muffler.

I agree with the quality of the Delkevic put a set on the FJR for awhile they were a nice set of pipes. Sounds great too...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 10:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejablu110 View Post
Got a Yoshimura, I like it alot. Not real loud until you get on it.
I have the Yoshi. As above, it's fine when cruising, but crack it passed 5,000rpm then you and everyone else will hear it. The Leo manages to stay civilized through out the rev range.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I thought about the Two Brothers... but it seems you need to repack them.
and shipping stuff regularly to Australia is not a cheap option.

I went with the Leo Vince SBK EVO underbody - you can still get them - I got mine from Italy.

Awesome sound, lightweight and nice compact design. It keeps with the original Versys under the bike exhaust design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode