Ordered my Versys yesterday. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ordered my Versys yesterday.

Finally took the plunge and got one on order yesterday. I've been without a bike for nearly 20 years. Having ridden nearly daily for the first half of my life, being without for that long has been painful.

After months of reasearch and rides on Cruisers (all my buddies have HD's), Sport Bikes (My son just got a Ninja) and dual purpose ( my Brother-in-Law has BMW R1150GS) the Versys just kept drawing me back. Several things really settled it for me. This forum and the obvious affection the riders hold for these bikes all over the world, reading the ride journal of Siygh "18 days on a Versys" and frankly the great deals that are available now on the remaining 2009's. I worked a deal with my local dealer for a green bike direct from the warehouse with matching Kawi side bags, Fulmer Modulus helmet and an additional 4 year warranty for $7421.15. With tax it was an even $8,000. I could have saved an additional $300 of the price of the bike if I wanted to drive a little over 100 miles south. Decided to support my local guy and he made up for it with such a good deal on the extras.

Anyway, looking forward to a break in the weather here in the midwest and getting back in the saddle again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM

You are not gonna be sorry...Good ridin to ya...And kudos for suppotin the local guy...

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 AM

Great deal , I can almost see that new bike smile ...........20 years to make up for , enjoy it but don't rush it , you will be rusty . Congrats on the new bike and post some pics when you can .............

** This space for rent **

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Of course you know that the Green bikes are faster than the blue and red ones. ;-)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM

Congratulations!!
And
I'll bet you can't wait.
I took a hiatus from riding for 13 years and the Versys was my entry back into riding. I've enjoyed this bike immensely as I'm sure you will too.

I don't know where in the midwest you are located, but it's warmming up enough here in Kansas to ride a bit...

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bscott; 01-18-2010 at 10:19 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM

cool beans...you still have time to get in on the elka shock deal, too.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Bscot,
I'm a little south of you in the "land of ahhhs". Still a little too much white stuff for me. Hopefully when the bike gets here it will be all gone.

Blackhammer,
You are right on the rusty. My Son has bike fever so we took the MSF riders course this past fall. Great experience for us both. I would recomend it to anyone...especially first time riders. Retired motorcycle cop was the head of the program and brought a lot of credibilty to the class. Now that we both have bikes we'll take the advanced course this Spring. Pics will be coming shortly.

Spackler,
The green caught my eye from day one...plus it didn't hurt that it's my wife's favorite color....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Congrats!

You'll have no regrets - it's a terrific ride. After taking a 'break' of nearly 3 decades, I returned to riding by buying a Ninja. Loved it, but the Versys is simply the most enjoyable of any of the 16 bikes that I've owned.
Just curious - was your break due to having children? It was for me, and for quite a few other folks that I know. Now that the kids are grown and gone, we're reliving our childhood.

Don't you think that it's a ^%#$&# shame that Hunter S. Thompson wasn't an adventure rider? Imagine the ride reports...!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 12:21 AM

Congrates on the Versys, The bike is SO light and Flickable it is Easy comparied to the OLDER style and Heavier bikes many of us are used to. Sweet ride and definiatly a Joy on the Cold morning start. Its so much easier then the manual Choke :-)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

VeeWNC and Squier,
We must be about the same age. You guys probably remember when the only true superbike was the Kawasaki Z1. The last motorcycle I bought was a '78 Suzuki GS1000, it was the fastest bike at the time and I could finally beat my buddy's Z1. I kept it till the late 80's when after 3 "close calls" in one week decided that my young wife and baby probably needed me more than I needed my bike. So I traded it off for a new fangled piece of a equipment called a 4-wheeler (Kawasaki interestingly enough) and I've been off the street ever since. I can honestly say that I've missed a bike at least once a week ever since. Anyway my kid is 21 and my wife probably wouldn't miss me so much now anyway...

I have to say that it was the only bike that I tried that really reminded me of the configuration of my past bikes. I've decided that one bike is probably not going to satisfy my needs and I thought the Versys was the perfect start to a new collection. Plus, my son just got his first bike (Ninja 250) and I wanted something to ride with him.

Last edited by haydenkd; 01-20-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode