Hello from Sweden! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Sweden!

Hello. Bought myself an Versys in October, brand new 2008-model. The Candy-Lime green! Have managed to get 450km on the odometer now. Due to bad weather (read snow and rain), my Versys is now parked in the garage and awaits spring. Just wanted to say hi to everyone here! Bifogar a picture of the beauty!

/ Daniel, SkŚne, Sweden!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kawa.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	5158  

Last edited by zlize; 12-28-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Baaaad spelling.... And a change of words... :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 02:31 PM

welcome. the orange one is faster!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 05:29 PM

Glad to have you aboard!!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanx guys!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Bike looks good next to that gorgeous swedish girl .........( hint-hint) . Welcome to the fun house , we look forward to some more pics of the swedish countryside and riding roads .

** This space for rent **
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 AM

Daniel,

Ice spikes and heated grips?......Na wait for the warm weather.
24f at my home today what is it at yours?

P.S. Your spelling is better that most of ours!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Last edited by Bicyclebob; 12-28-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Smart a** comment!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHammer View Post
Bike looks good next to that gorgeous swedish girl .........( hint-hint) . Welcome to the fun house , we look forward to some more pics of the swedish countryside and riding roads .
Hehe, we'll see what we can do about the girl... But pictures of the countryside is something that we can arrange!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclebob View Post
Daniel,

Ice spikes and heated grips?......Na wait for the warm weather.
24f at my home today what is it at yours?

P.S. Your spelling is better that most of ours!
Thanx! I'll wait for the warm weather! At least it's closer to spring than winter, it feels like it anyway... Today we have -0c or 32f outside. Not ideal for Versys-riding..
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:26 PM

Welcome to the group! That's a fine looking bike you have (but aren't all Versys fine looking). Your note says you're from southern Sweden. Well if you're in the south it should be warm, at least 2 or 3 C - perfect riding weather. 'hope you enjoy your Versys as much as the rest of us have.

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:41 PM

Zlize,

Enjoy your V..

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 AM

I'm thinking of buying a new 2010 Versys. I got to check them out for the first time at the long Beach cycle show, I really liked it. I didn't get to test drive one, (all full).
Did you guys test drive one first, or can I go with my gut feeling that it's nice?
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 AM

Welcome! I me and my brother own cars from Sweden (two Saabs). How is life in the moose country?
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
Welcome to the group! That's a fine looking bike you have (but aren't all Versys fine looking). Your note says you're from southern Sweden. Well if you're in the south it should be warm, at least 2 or 3 C - perfect riding weather. 'hope you enjoy your Versys as much as the rest of us have.
Hehe, thanx for the welcoming. Took a little ride the other day, but i didn't want to get my V dirty, so we took our oldbike, an 2002 Ktm 640, here in Sweden the people who takes care of the roads use salt as a defroster, don't know if thats used in the states or other places. But it makes the bikes dirty as hell! . But if the roads are dry and the sun shines it's a perfect day for a Versys-Ride! And thats najs! (nice)
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Zlize,

Enjoy your V..
Thanx!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereto444 View Post
I'm thinking of buying a new 2010 Versys. I got to check them out for the first time at the long Beach cycle show, I really liked it. I didn't get to test drive one, (all full).
Did you guys test drive one first, or can I go with my gut feeling that it's nice?
Go with the gut-feeling, that's what i did! Took a test-ride and i must say, the Versys is the best bike i've ridden! It's freakishly funny to ride. And beautiful to, that goes for the new V-modell to...
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRimaging View Post
Welcome! I me and my brother own cars from Sweden (two Saabs). How is life in the moose country?
Thanx! Well, Saab is maybe not the best brand to own thesedays... But they are nice cars, have owned 4 Saab 9000:s. But now, as the loyal swed that i am, it's all about Volvos in the driveway. Have myself one 1989 Volvo 240 and one 1990 Volvo 745! Good cars.. Life is good here, but haven't seen any mooses latley, but we have a deer-pack just outside the yard!

Last edited by zlize; 12-29-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Well, i'm Swedish, so my English isn't the best...
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlize View Post
Hehe, thanx for the welcoming. Took a little ride the other day, but i didn't want to get my V dirty, so we took our oldbike, an 2002 Ktm 640, here in Sweden the people who takes care of the roads use salt as a defroster, don't know if thats used in the states or other places. But it makes the bikes dirty as hell! . But if the roads are dry and the sun shines it's a perfect day for a Versys-Ride! And thats najs! (nice)
Yes they use salt here too. Nasty stuff but it works. I've had my bike a couple of years now so I ride it in anything - as long as the roads aren't icy

Two other thoughts. How do you pronounce najs? Would it be the same as "nice". What part of Sweden are you in? In the 1890's my family moved from Lund to here. My father was the first generation born in the US.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereto444 View Post
I would definitely get a good test drive. No bike is for everyone. Before I bought mine I test rode 4 different bikes and drove the V three times. I think a bike is too big a purchase to do without trying it out first.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
Yes they use salt here too. Nasty stuff but it works. I've had my bike a couple of years now so I ride it in anything - as long as the roads aren't icy

Two other thoughts. How do you pronounce najs? Would it be the same as "nice". What part of Sweden are you in? In the 1890's my family moved from Lund to here. My father was the first generation born in the US.
Yes, it's pronounced the same as "nice". Here in Sweden we like to swedishfy some english words, as "mail" equals "mejl" for instance.. I live a bit more to the south, almost as far as you can get. Just outside a small town by the name of Vellinge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vellinge). My gf:s parents moved to Lund about a year ago, small town/city, but it's quite nice. Do you have any relatives who still lives there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode