New V in the OC - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New V in the OC

Just picked up my new green Versys today from Champion Motorcycles in Newport Beach/Costa Mesa.

20 mile ride home was SOOOO FUN! What a neat bike.

I started riding motorcycles 40 years ago, been on and off, last street ride was about 4 years ago. Went to the bike show and that was it. Fell in love with these new Kawi's.

Any other riders in So-Cal that want to meet up and put some miles on?

Great site here. Really helped me make the decision to pull the trigger. Coudn't be happier.

Going to paint it black like the '10 model, the '09 has the black wheels and side covers.

Chris Brown
OC, CA
2009 Green Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 AM

Welcome CJBrown. I just sold my DRZ and will be buying a V soon. So I will be down for a ride. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay out the door?

Brian

Last edited by CJBrian; 12-17-2009 at 06:49 AM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 06:33 AM

Welcome guys! You will enjoy it! We want to see pics after you paint it black!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 PM

CJB's, I'll be down in the Palm Desert area Jan through April, some of the best riding on the planet, certainly in the US over the San Bernardion Mts.
Highway 74 is the gateway to 100's of twisty quiet roads.

Which ever side you start from.

Welcome to the V world.

Machog

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBrian View Post
Welcome CJBrown. I just sold my DRZ and will be buying a V soon. So I will be down for a ride. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay out the door?

Brian
Just shy of $7G's, all in.
I have not seen a '10 model at the dealers yet, just at the show. There are a few of the '09's left in both colors around the area.

I will tell you that I tried to buy one from OTD Cycles, they advertised a killer price, but then they told me "The bank is doing an inventory and we can't deliver a bike 'till later in the week." What kind of BS is that? I suspect their bank is shutting them down. My response was "gee, that's like going down to the mall to do some Christmas shopping and it's closed for inventory!" What a bunch of idiots.

Berts has at least one. Hahm is all but shut down, they have a blue one.

--C
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
Just shy of $7G's, all in.
I have not seen a '10 model at the dealers yet, just at the show. There are a few of the '09's left in both colors around the area.

I will tell you that I tried to buy one from OTD Cycles, they advertised a killer price, but then they told me "The bank is doing an inventory and we can't deliver a bike 'till later in the week." What kind of BS is that? I suspect their bank is shutting them down. My response was "gee, that's like going down to the mall to do some Christmas shopping and it's closed for inventory!" What a bunch of idiots.

Berts has at least one. Hahm is all but shut down, they have a blue one.

--C
Wow thats kinda scary I was planning on getting mine at OTD. Oh well I probably wont being getting mine till after xmas anyway. I did get another dealer to match their price but they couldnt beat OTD maybe I will be going back to them. Have fun. Where in the OC are you? Im in the city of Orange.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
CJB's, I'll be down in the Palm Desert area Jan through April, some of the best riding on the planet, certainly in the US over the San Bernardion Mts.
Highway 74 is the gateway to 100's of twisty quiet roads.

Which ever side you start from.

Welcome to the V world.

Machog
Yup there are tons of great twisties out here. Have your ridden Palomar rd yet? I havent yet it was always too far and too uncomfortable of a ride for me on my DRZ. But I will be doing it on the V thats for sure!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Wow thats kinda scary I was planning on getting mine at OTD. Oh well I probably wont being getting mine till after xmas anyway. I did get another dealer to match their price but they couldnt beat OTD maybe I will be going back to them. Have fun. Where in the OC are you? Im in the city of Orange.
I called several dealers with OTD's price and they said it was below cost and they couldn't do it. Then I got scared about buying one there and not getting the title or plates, so I bagged it and spent a few hundred more with a legitimate dealer. Not sorry at all. In the long run the difference will be soon forgotten.

The bike is just killer. My last street bike was a DL1000, it was a '02 model, had it a couple of years. The Versys sounds a lot like it, runs like it, but way lighter and easy to handle. The 'strom was a beast!

I work at Garza on Glassell in Orange, live just up the street in Placentia.
Get yer bike and we'll go for a spin.
The DRZ is a good dualsport. I ride a KTM250xcfw for offroad.

I rode all the twisty roads when I had my SV650 and DL1000. Was a lot of fun, but I've slowed down a lot. I was going to crash and kill myself, so I sold all my bikes. I have a new respect, not going to take stupid chances anymore. It's just about getting out for some fun now.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
The DRZ is a good dualsport. I ride a KTM250xcfw for offroad.

I rode all the twisty roads when I had my SV650 and DL1000. Was a lot of fun, but I've slowed down a lot. I was going to crash and kill myself, so I sold all my bikes. I have a new respect, not going to take stupid chances anymore. It's just about getting out for some fun now.
I rarely rode my Drz offroad. I always rode it around as a supermoto. I ride all the local twisties just not beyond my limits. I will keep in touch and get ahold of you when I get my V. Just got to stop spending money on my other money pits (jeep, 240z, guns, girlfriend)!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 01:56 PM

You OC guys have fun but realize you are making us in the frozen midwest very jealous.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsaunders4837 View Post
You OC guys have fun but realize you are making us in the frozen midwest very jealous.
Yup its nice and sunny and 75 today. Hey you say that your jealous now until you see us on the news because either the whole state is on fire or shaking apart. haha. Just break out the snowmobiles.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsaunders4837 View Post
Not only that , but we get a picture of a roadsign , if it's sunny and 75 Degrees , there must be bikini clad verseys girls willing to pose for a pic ..........you have 2 days , then we start executing the hostages

** This space for rent **
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHammer View Post
Not only that , but we get a picture of a roadsign , if it's sunny and 75 Degrees , there must be bikini clad verseys girls willing to pose for a pic ..........you have 2 days , then we start executing the hostages
Haha I was in Canada a few years back and when I told a girl I was from Cali she said "Oh wow like Baywatch". Yup we all frolic on the beach full of silicone. HAHA.
Oh and I've tryed to get those kind of pics from my girlfriend but no luck. Guess thats what I get for getting with a girl that has a PH.D in psychology. She can see thru my BS.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm... 'versys girls', that has a nice ring. I'll see what I can do...

Seriously, it's gonna be sunny and high 70's today, low 70's at the coast. Maybe I'll get a spin on the new bike tomorrow before we go out to the harbor for the christmas lights boat parade.

There are too many people out here, and a host of other ills including our state governement, but it's still paradise.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 02:35 AM

I had a bad experience with OTD up in Northern California. I told them I was looking at a couple of prices posted on their website and they were telling me they couldn't go that low.

Other dealers are selling really low all over the place, though. That's how I picked mine up yesterday.

Hope you enjoy your new Versys. I can't wait to start putting the miles on mine, too.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Haha I was in Canada a few years back and when I told a girl I was from Cali she said "Oh wow like Baywatch". Yup we all frolic on the beach full of silicone. HAHA.
Oh and I've tryed to get those kind of pics from my girlfriend but no luck. Guess thats what I get for getting with a girl that has a PH.D in psychology. She can see thru my BS.
I didn't mean pics of your girl .........but thanks for trying ........... just roll up to the beach and wait for the ladies to flock to the V , then snap some pics . First thing I do when I meet a chick is ask if she can read , if so , I move on ...........I find life easier when they can't see through my BS ...........That said , maybe your onto something , get a smart one with a PH.D who makes lots of money and works long hours , that way she can buy you all kinds of motorcycles and you have time to ride them while she is slaving away .........tell her you feel abandoned and lonely , " but honey , wouldn't you rather I was riding a Verseys than our hot neighbour " --------ya that'll work

** This space for rent **
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:47 PM

Hey CJBrown I just picked my V last weekend. You been riding yours much lately or just painting?

Brian
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey CJBrown I just picked my V last weekend. You been riding yours much lately or just painting?

Brian
The weather has been crap 'till this last weekend, and we were gone for four days to the dez to ride dirtbikes. So....I have put 160 miles on the new V in two months! That sucks big time!

It's ready though, and so am I.

Where did you end up find your bike? You got a new one?

Chris Brown
In SoCal
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM

I rode mine 2 days last week to work and thats it. Then left for 4 days to go snowmobiling and snowboarding in Mammoth.

I got a new green 09 from OTD and had no issues with them. The deal went smoothly just like when I bought my DRZ there.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Did you get the $6400 'out the door' price?
I couldn't get them to sell me one to save my life!

Chris Brown
In SoCal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode