OKSTEVE says Hello - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OKSTEVE says Hello

My name is Steve and I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm recovering from a nasty crash I had on my KTM 950 Adventure back in 08. I broke five vertebrae so it's been a long recovery. I'm going in on the 16th of Dec. to have the rods and screws removed. I'm hoping that this will get me back on the road full time. A friend of mine came to visit me shortly after I got out of the Hospital. He was riding a 2008 Versys. He loved the bike but it really didn't fit him well. He told me he was going to sell it and get a Weestrom, so I bought the bike from him based on magazine feedback, and the fact I fell in love with the looks of the bike. I thought it would be OK for short rides untill I was ready to get back on a liter bike. I've taken a few 100 mile trips and one 250 mile trip and I have to say I going to stay with what I,ve got. I managed a Honda/KTM dealership before my accident, so I was pretty brand loyal, but the Versys is just too cool. Now I'm looking at bags and handguards so I can take the long rides this spring. Your website has been a great deal of help and I am happy to be a member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 PM

I hope u recover well. I also had a bad wreck. It took me a lot longer than u to get back on, so kudo to u. I have the same problem with my lower back and can't hardly stand the ninja for more than a couple hunred miles two up. so u answerded one of my main concerns with the v. I'm trying to hold out for a 2010, this cold wheather here in oklahoma helps that.

Last edited by DIRTTRAKDUSTER; 12-10-2009 at 01:54 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM

Welcome Steve, Get well soon. I cut my right hand pretty bad in between 2 of my fingers and it required 12 stitches. I have been off work for a month and its been tough but I cant imagine what your going thru. But it sounds like your all most there. The funny thing is the 16th is the same day my doc said I can go back to work.

Good luck Brian

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard guys, make yourselves at home & heal quick!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 03:37 PM

glad your on the Bike again. Thats success right there! Welcome aboard.

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Hey Steve, good to see another Tulsan on here! I ride an 09 green meanie, owned it since June and have put about 4000 miles on it so far. I love the bike; it is so much fun in the twisties. I am hoping to get some bags for Christmas and maybe a gps. Good luck on your recovery and stay in touch. John.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Good thing for OKSTEVE Jungman he's got an 08 which is way faster and looks a whole lot better to
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 AM

Welcome OKSTEVE.I had accident with my KTM 950 adv at 2006 and i had broken my hand and my face.I stayed 22 days on hospital.Thats the motorcycle life.I wish you everything is gone be right and enjoy your new motorcycle.Get well soon.

Last edited by ELIASKTM; 12-11-2009 at 08:32 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You name says it all OK Steve, Get well soon and have a great X mas. God bless you bro.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisb View Post
Good thing for OKSTEVE Jungman he's got an 08 which is way faster and looks a whole lot better to
I am not the most environmentally conscious person on the planet but in this case I gotta go GREEN! It's faster just sitting in my driveway than old blue ever thought of being!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 AM

Hello Guys!
I've been visitng this site off and on over the past couple of years and finally decided to join this online community.I would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I am 28 years of age.I would love to learn so many thing from this online community forums. BTW, this is my first time to join here and It's pleasure to be a part of your forum. I love to try what you are discussing here. Thanks.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 PM

OKSTEVE and Colemancol,

Steve, Hope you recover well soon. And back to biking. It's always good medicine to be happy with a smile on your face.

Colemancol, Ride on and keep

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode