Long time Lurker that just rode a V! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Long time Lurker that just rode a V!

Hey guys I have been on this site lurking since before the Versys was available in California. Im 6'4" and this bike just seems to be the right bike for me and my riding style.

So when I find out the Intl Motorcycle show is in Long Beach I jumped at the chance to go and take a demo ride on a 2010 Versys. Probably a bad idea with 12 stitches in my right hand but when else will I get this chance.

So my girlfriend and riding buddy and I get to the show at 10am yesterday and all the rides for all the Kawi models were already taken for the whole day, Damn! But my girlfriend worked her magic with the press passes she had scored for us. She got me and my friend a private ride with one of the Kawi instructors. It was just the two of us and not the large groups of 10 like everyone else. My friend rode a Ninja 650R and I rode a 09 Versys since the 2010's not available yet. We got to go on a 30 min ride thru Long Beach and Terminal Island and this guy was getting with it! I guess he thought we were test riders for a magazine. Haha. Anyway the Versys was awesome I will be buying one for sure. Only complaint I have is it had the buzzing problem and you would think that a actual Kawi demo V would have this problem fixed! And they knew about it because they warned me about it. Funny oh well Im still getting one for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 PM

If you've been lurking, as I did, you already know that the buzz is an easy fix. Another thing to do is check the engine mount tabs for any needed spacers. I did mine with zero miles on the bike. You're gonna love it. You guys get to ride all year, bashdids.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Cool ...... I'm curious -- How much did the buzzing bother you , or was it more noticable because they mentioned it first and you focused on it while riding . It's an easy fix anyways so no worries .

** This space for rent **

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Mine is no bother at all. I thought all my H-D's were worse. I did have a concours years ago that actually hurt to ride, I sold it instead of doing all the work to solve the problem. Maybe it is the luck of the draw. Good luck man, it sure is a lot of fun
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHammer View Post
Cool ...... I'm curious -- How much did the buzzing bother you , or was it more noticable because they mentioned it first and you focused on it while riding . It's an easy fix anyways so no worries .
I am a mechanic so I already hone in on those types of noises. He didnt have to point them out. But knowing the V's have this problem I was able to look past it and enjoy the ride knowing it could be fixed.

Now I just have to sell my DRZ so I can get my green V!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBrian View Post
I am a mechanic so I already hone in on those types of noises. He didnt have to point them out. But knowing the V's have this problem I was able to look past it and enjoy the ride knowing it could be fixed.

Now I just have to sell my DRZ so I can get my green V!!!
Cool ..........IMHO motorcycles should buzz and vibrate , helps to keep the "alive" feeling as opposed to sewing machines . Good luck on finding the right one

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 AM

I had a knee and hip replacement and had a hard time finding a bike I felt comfortable on. I fell in love with the looks of the V the first time I saw a pic, baught one without even seeing one in real life. That was 15 months ago, I love this bike more every time I ride it. I have had them all (Harleys, Jap sport bikes, Goldwing...)at one time or another and this thing is just a sweet bike.
See you on the road.
Tom
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHammer View Post
Cool ..........IMHO motorcycles should buzz and vibrate , helps to keep the "alive" feeling as opposed to sewing machines . Good luck on finding the right one
Yes I agree alittle vibe and hum is normal but not one that comes on at 4000 rpm and that you can clearly hear with a helmet on and in traffic with other bikes. But I know its fixable and Im not worried.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBrian View Post
Yes I agree alittle vibe and hum is normal but not one that comes on at 4000 rpm and that you can clearly hear with a helmet on and in traffic with other bikes. But I know its fixable and Im not worried.
I usually ride with a Ipod/Mp3 player , so noises don't bother me anymore , all I hea rnow is the sweet tunes of the mini-pops ..................Uh , I mean Metallica ...........yeah, that's what I meant .

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

SOLD my DRZ today! New Versys here I come!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode