ACL is "In The House"!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ACL is "In The House"!!!

Ok,,, I was a very lucky guy and just bought a 08 on this site!!! I have been trying to decide between a Versys,,, a Tiger,,, a V-Strom,,, and a GS Adventure for months... I was,,, INCHES,,, away from buying a used 2007 Tiger ABS with Bags and a larger shield with 827 miles on it for $9,100... Then,,, I came over here and saw the Versys I ended up buying,,, and decided this was the way I wanted to go!!!

I now own a 2006 ST-1300 ABS and love it!!! BESTEST bike I ever owned for touring... Bought it used 2 years ago with 5,000 miles on it,,, and it has 55,000 miles on it now... 91.7% of those miles are long distance miles too...

Also own a 2008 KLR 650... It is set up about as well as it can be... A legendary rider and friend owned it,,, rode it 16,000 miles to Alaska,,, and sold it to me...

I have ridden about 375,000 miles in my riding days... Started riding when I was about 8,,, bought my first bike that was mine at 10... Honda Trail 70... rode it till I was 6 ft 3 and 18 years old... My parents liked that bike... between it and driving a VW Bug,,, they knew I was not going to "have' to get married as,,, who would date me?!?!?! Next bike I bought??? I think I can honestly say,,, I am the only person on earth to go from a Honda Trail 70,,, to a new 1976 Goldwing!!!

Owned more bikes than I can remember... Loved almost all of them...

I have ridden over 1,000 miles in 24 hours 13 times...

I hold a "Little" Ride to Eat each year that has become almost legendary in the Long Distance Riding world... It is called???

Moonshine Lunch Run

So far I have held it 5 years in a row... Last year we had over 700 people,,, ride 600 bikes,,, from 39 States and 3 Countries show up...

A total of 360,000 miles round trip,,, 600 miles per bike average,,, 514 miles per rider,,, to a town in Illinois,,, in frigg'n early April called Moonshine,,, with a population of 2,,, to eat a Moonburger,,, and go home... Cost nothing,,, I lose money doing it,,, and a Mission fund collects money to be used for Food Pantry/Crisis Center/Fire Fighters/Mexican Childrens Orphanage... Bestest money I spend each year...

Here is a report on last year Moonshine Run...

http://www.dennews.com/home/index.cf...c-45fcbd380dd6

The Moonshine run has its own web site too... www.moonshine-run.com

Hope to see more Versys at Moonshine this year... We had more than a few,,, but always looking for more...

Glad to be here!!! Know a few from other sites already on here,,, and look forward to knowing more!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:29 AM

A ride for a burger in rural Illinois in April with a somewhat off-kilter farmer and several hundred of his closest friends sounds perfect to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:06 AM

Nice ride you organize. Good luck with the V.

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode