2012 vs 2014 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2012 vs 2014

Hello everyone,

I do not own a Versys, but I joined this forum because I am planning on buying one pretty soon and I came here to seek wisdom

The specific Versys I saw in the store is new but a 2012 model.
What I wanted to ask is, what are the differences between Versys 2012, 2013 and 2014.

At first I thought it was just the colors, but after inspecting their webpage for some time, I found out that in the 2014 model it mentions "Dual Throttle Valves" while it doesn't for the past models.

I searched more and I found the older models to mention a sub-throttle valve which is controlled by the ECU and sounds to be the same thing.

So what I'm asking is: is 2012 model the same as 2014?
I like the color of the 2012 model but would it worth it to pay 300$ more for the 2014 model with the dual throttle valves?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Same Bikes different color the 2012 didn't have the option to have ABS....You should be able to get the 2012 cheaper than that....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 PM

Don't know what your looking at price wise, but new 2012 leftovers are going for 5495 in Florida. The 2013 are going for as low as 6199. Just to give you an idea. The colors change and the 2014 is ABS. That's the only difference I know of.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
So long as you still get FULL factory warranty on them as NEW bikes then the only thing is what you can afford and how long are you going to keep it when it comes to resale.

If you can get a 2012 $1000 cheaper than a 2014 and in 2 years sell it and the resale difference is still a good margin then it is worth it.

A problem might be Insurance as most insurance companies like to up the premiums on bikes that are older - as they say it costs more to replace the parts. So a 2012 might cost more to insure than a 2014. So consider this as well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't mention that I m not in the US, but in Greece. Here the prices are 9870$ for the 2014 model (without abs) and 9450$ for the 2012 and 2013 models. Not to mention that these prices are an offer and lower than the original prices..

Anyway, I will ask about the warranty but I believe I will get the full one even if the bike is older.

And again, thanks for answering my questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode