new to versys, - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
new to versys,

Hello everyone, purchased a 2014 versys 3 days ago. I also bought the factory luggage , windscreen, and hand guards. I am a long distance commutter. Test drove the ninja 1000, vstrom 650, then rode and fell in love with the Versys. This bike has so much character, I do nothing but smile. Anyway was curious, who makes a passenger backrest. Or am I better off just getting the rear trunk. And what is the recommended exhaust, not interested in screaming loud, actually the bike sounds pretty good stock. I know someone must has posted something somewhere before I am just having a pain trying to navigate the forum with my tablet.

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 AM

Welcome
I have never seen an available backrest, you are probably better off with the top case.

2013 Versys1000
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 AM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 08:20 AM

I would say get a top case with a back pad. extra storage is always nice. exhaust... how much money do you want to spend? Loe vince is nice, but pricey

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM

The Corbin seat has a passenger backrest available. I have used my Corbin for 6 years. I like it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedfred View Post
...And what is the recommended exhaust, not interested in screaming loud, actually the bike sounds pretty good stock....
My 2cents - leave your exhaust stock. Makes a nice sound when you hit the gas, won't make you (or your neighbors ) deaf, has a catalytic converter inside. What's NOT to like...? -

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the welcome

TOP CASE WILL probable BE the ROUTE I GO. TOOK the bike for a nice ride, about a hundred miles yesterday. Trying to get the 500 miles in. Got caught I. A pop up thunder storm. Rained so hard cars were pulling over. Kept on, tires did good. Absolutely no weather protection but that's what the wing is for. How in the he'll did u guys keep it under 4k for 500 miles.
Thanks again.
Fred
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
TOP CASE WILL probable BE the ROUTE I GO. TOOK the bike for a nice ride, about a hundred miles yesterday. Trying to get the 500 miles in. Got caught I. A pop up thunder storm. Rained so hard cars were pulling over. Kept on, tires did good. Absolutely no weather protection but that's what the wing is for. How in the he'll did u guys keep it under 4k for 500 miles.Thanks again.
Fred
Many of us didn't!

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...How in the he'll did u guys keep it under 4k for 500 miles.
Thanks again.
Fred
Fred - MOSTLY we didn't!
and check out this site:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

BOTH my Vs were 'broken-in' on the ride home from the dealer, and the oil/filter changed. One has 51,xxx miles, the other 28,xxx miles and NEITHER burns oil!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback on the break in of the bike. I was always thought to ride hard and vary my RPM, so was not off to much. And Damn does if like to wheelie and pull hard. Sold my BMW K1200rs and bought the V. May have been the best, and undoubtedly the most fun, decision I ever made. This bike speaks to my soul. I almost bought the v-storm. Rode both and bought the V without hesitation.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

- -

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode