Hello from NYC - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from NYC

Hi, all - brand-new owner of a 2009 Versys here. Awesome bike, really have enjoyed riding it so far. I'll be hanging out here, checking out the collected wisdom of my fellow riders, and sharing some of my adventures, too. Good to be here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:35 PM

welcome!

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Custom seats for long rides?

So, one of the first mods I want to make is a good, comfortable seat for long rides. I'm a big guy - 6'3" and 300+ lbs. - and I'd appreciate any tips from folks with personal experience!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.Russian View Post
Thanks - good to be here!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks, weljo2001!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaterSailor View Post
So, one of the first mods I want to make is a good, comfortable seat for long rides. I'm a big guy - 6'3" and 300+ lbs. - and I'd appreciate any tips from folks with personal experience!

Fellow Big Guy 6'2" above and below 300lbs just depends on whats for dinner....I went through 7 seats on my Versys. I'd give the Seat Concepts a try if that doesn't work for you(it should) Then i would go with a Russell Day-Long or Baldwin Tall Seat.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 AM

Garage
BTW The Seat Concepts is the least expensive option unless you re-work your own seat or take it to a local upholster.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 07:18 AM

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM

aboard from another NYC native! I've only ever seen one or two Vs around. Now it's three, I guess.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Check out this thread for what "jdrocks" has done. He's about your size ("weljo2001" is too!).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Fellow Big Guy 6'2" above and below 300lbs just depends on whats for dinner....I went through 7 seats on my Versys. I'd give the Seat Concepts a try if that doesn't work for you(it should) Then i would go with a Russell Day-Long or Baldwin Tall Seat.
Thanks! I've got a Russell on my V-Strom, and it's an amazing piece of butt non-hurt - but man, that's a long price on that thing. I'll check out Seat Concepts, much appreciated.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
aboard from another NYC native! I've only ever seen one or two Vs around. Now it's three, I guess.
Hey, cool logo! I almost went to work for NASA back when... they took too long to get back to me and I got snarfed up by a space-related company, but I always wondered "what if".

Given that I just bought the V from another Brooklynite, it's a lateral shift rather than a gain in numbers. Soooo-rry!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Check out this thread for what "jdrocks" has done. He's about your size ("weljo2001" is too!).
Shweet, more than one big guy up on a V - works for me! So... which thread?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Shweet, more than one big guy up on a V - works for me! So... which thread?
Here:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=5480

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode