It's me, Steve from North NJ. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's me, Steve from North NJ.

So against my Wife's wishes i took the motorcycle safety class, took and passed my road test and now purchased a 2009 Versys (she's blue) with 1700 mi. The wife wasn't happy and i felt terrible, but i needed this Versys in my life. The Wife has since accepted my new friend. I just ordered a Delkevic exhaust which i hope arrives by the weekend.
I was instantly attracted to the Versys bc of it's sitting positing, i'm 6'3 and she sits nice and high, the electric blue color was really sexy as well.
Thats about it for my 2nd post.
steve0158 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,558
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Member
 
IanThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire USA
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
IanThomas is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Member
 
Arion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Posts: 3,291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Steve from North, NJ. Wives can be a bit tiresome at times, can't they? Still, we can't seem to do without them.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Arion is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,740
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
MTS
Member
 
MTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NW USA
Posts: 3,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)






To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MTS is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can't live with them, can't live without...blah blah blah
so i've been getting a bit more comfortable on my V, i have yet to get on a major hwy although yesterday i unintentionally broke 70mph, which felt fantastic.
Like i said, i ordered a Delkevic exhaust, i really don't know much about this company but what a friendly group they have over there, i requested a suggestion based on what i was looking for via email, they replied within a couple of hours and we've h ad correspondence about 3 times so far. I am hoping the exhaust is as good....
steve0158 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Blue is the best!!

55wed55 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Member
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Elgin, OK
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Blue is beautiful!

sparky is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0158 View Post
So against my Wife's wishes i took the motorcycle safety class, took and passed my road test and now purchased a 2009 Versys (she's blue) with 1700 mi. The wife wasn't happy and i felt terrible, but i needed this Versys in my life. The Wife has since accepted my new friend. I just ordered a Delkevic exhaust which i hope arrives by the weekend.
I was instantly attracted to the Versys bc of it's sitting positing, i'm 6'3 and she sits nice and high, the electric blue color was really sexy as well.
Thats about it for my 2nd post.

Congrats! I, too am in Bergen County, North Jersey. My wife was also dead against my getting a moto license and a bike. But she not only came around, now she rides two up with me, not on my V but on my Piaggio mp3 500.

Anyway, maybe we can ride together to Bear Mtn or to some state park in NJ. Lastly, if you're interested in group riding checkout, google North Jersey Motorcycle Group in meetup.com. We go on weekend rides all over.

Ride safely!

Last edited by ESE_VERSYS2013; 06-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.
ESE_VERSYS2013 is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome from another New Jersian! You guys need to get your wives wanting to learn how to ride! Easier said than done, I suppose. There's lots of us women riders!
HondaGalToo is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hey man that sounds great, i would love to go riding with you, where about in Bergen are you?
steve0158 is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,558
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0158 View Post
Can't live with them, can't live without...blah blah blah
so i've been getting a bit more comfortable on my V, i have yet to get on a major hwy although yesterday i unintentionally broke 70mph, which felt fantastic.
Like i said, i ordered a Delkevic exhaust, i really don't know much about this company but what a friendly group they have over there, i requested a suggestion based on what i was looking for via email, they replied within a couple of hours and we've h ad correspondence about 3 times so far. I am hoping the exhaust is as good....

Delkevic is great to do business with i got some SS Headers from them for the Versys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4...QsT5_m3bkEZDjA .Then Some Mini 8" Slip-Ons for the FJR.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI .I had to take the pipes off the FJR and rounded off one of the clamps bolt head. Called them to order a new clamp and they sent me 2 new clamps for free.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0158 View Post
hey man that sounds great, i would love to go riding with you, where about in Bergen are you?
Dumont, you?
ESE_VERSYS2013 is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 594
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Post up here if you're going to do one of those meet-up rides, and I'll see if I can make it!
HondaGalToo is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Member
 
ADV.Russian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wellcome! At 6' 3" your first upgrades should be seat concepts seat, foot peg lowering link and handlebar raiser (antivibration) from speedy motoworks. Also parabellum makes nice tall screen for tall people like us.

It will be best 600$ you will spend on the bike , trust me exhaust can wait imho. By the way i am your neighbor New Yorker
Cheers

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADV.Russian is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.Russian View Post
Wellcome! At 6' 3" your first upgrades should be seat concepts seat, foot peg lowering link and handlebar raiser (antivibration) from speedy motoworks. Also parabellum makes nice tall screen for tall people like us.

It will be best 600$ you will spend on the bike , trust me exhaust can wait imho. By the way i am your neighbor New Yorker
Cheers
My sitting position is actually ok, then again i have not ridden more than an hour at a clip, maybe i'll be in for some discomfort on longer trips.
The exhaust was/is a welcomed addition, she now has a wonderful growl, i really like it.
steve0158 is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESE_VERSYS2013 View Post
Dumont, you?
Dumont is north right?

I'm in Little Ferry, 10 min from Met Life, we should link up.
steve0158 is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Delkevic is great to do business with i got some SS Headers from them for the Versys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4...QsT5_m3bkEZDjA .Then Some Mini 8" Slip-Ons for the FJR.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI .I had to take the pipes off the FJR and rounded off one of the clamps bolt head. Called them to order a new clamp and they sent me 2 new clamps for free.
yeah man, what a good group over there, i will be more than willing to refer and use them going fwd, the exhaust fits great and went on rather seamlessly. What a great growl she has now, and she seems more peppy too.
My one my friends heard her and was super impressed.
steve0158 is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0158 View Post
Dumont is north right?

I'm in Little Ferry, 10 min from Met Life, we should link up.
Check out North Jersey Motorcycle Group at meetup.com. Join for free, great bunch of riders... great rides!
ESE_VERSYS2013 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome