It's me, Steve from North NJ. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's me, Steve from North NJ.

So against my Wife's wishes i took the motorcycle safety class, took and passed my road test and now purchased a 2009 Versys (she's blue) with 1700 mi. The wife wasn't happy and i felt terrible, but i needed this Versys in my life. The Wife has since accepted my new friend. I just ordered a Delkevic exhaust which i hope arrives by the weekend.
I was instantly attracted to the Versys bc of it's sitting positing, i'm 6'3 and she sits nice and high, the electric blue color was really sexy as well.
Thats about it for my 2nd post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 02:36 PM

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Steve from North, NJ. Wives can be a bit tiresome at times, can't they? Still, we can't seem to do without them.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 03:31 PM

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
MTS

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Can't live with them, can't live without...blah blah blah
so i've been getting a bit more comfortable on my V, i have yet to get on a major hwy although yesterday i unintentionally broke 70mph, which felt fantastic.
Like i said, i ordered a Delkevic exhaust, i really don't know much about this company but what a friendly group they have over there, i requested a suggestion based on what i was looking for via email, they replied within a couple of hours and we've h ad correspondence about 3 times so far. I am hoping the exhaust is as good....
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Blue is the best!!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Blue is beautiful!

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0158 View Post
So against my Wife's wishes i took the motorcycle safety class, took and passed my road test and now purchased a 2009 Versys (she's blue) with 1700 mi. The wife wasn't happy and i felt terrible, but i needed this Versys in my life. The Wife has since accepted my new friend. I just ordered a Delkevic exhaust which i hope arrives by the weekend.
I was instantly attracted to the Versys bc of it's sitting positing, i'm 6'3 and she sits nice and high, the electric blue color was really sexy as well.
Thats about it for my 2nd post.

Congrats! I, too am in Bergen County, North Jersey. My wife was also dead against my getting a moto license and a bike. But she not only came around, now she rides two up with me, not on my V but on my Piaggio mp3 500.

Anyway, maybe we can ride together to Bear Mtn or to some state park in NJ. Lastly, if you're interested in group riding checkout, google North Jersey Motorcycle Group in meetup.com. We go on weekend rides all over.

Ride safely!

Last edited by ESE_VERSYS2013; 06-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome from another New Jersian! You guys need to get your wives wanting to learn how to ride! Easier said than done, I suppose. There's lots of us women riders!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

hey man that sounds great, i would love to go riding with you, where about in Bergen are you?
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Can't live with them, can't live without...blah blah blah
so i've been getting a bit more comfortable on my V, i have yet to get on a major hwy although yesterday i unintentionally broke 70mph, which felt fantastic.
Like i said, i ordered a Delkevic exhaust, i really don't know much about this company but what a friendly group they have over there, i requested a suggestion based on what i was looking for via email, they replied within a couple of hours and we've h ad correspondence about 3 times so far. I am hoping the exhaust is as good....

Delkevic is great to do business with i got some SS Headers from them for the Versys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4...QsT5_m3bkEZDjA .Then Some Mini 8" Slip-Ons for the FJR.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI .I had to take the pipes off the FJR and rounded off one of the clamps bolt head. Called them to order a new clamp and they sent me 2 new clamps for free.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
hey man that sounds great, i would love to go riding with you, where about in Bergen are you?
Dumont, you?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Post up here if you're going to do one of those meet-up rides, and I'll see if I can make it!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 AM

Wellcome! At 6' 3" your first upgrades should be seat concepts seat, foot peg lowering link and handlebar raiser (antivibration) from speedy motoworks. Also parabellum makes nice tall screen for tall people like us.

It will be best 600$ you will spend on the bike , trust me exhaust can wait imho. By the way i am your neighbor New Yorker
Cheers

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.Russian View Post
Wellcome! At 6' 3" your first upgrades should be seat concepts seat, foot peg lowering link and handlebar raiser (antivibration) from speedy motoworks. Also parabellum makes nice tall screen for tall people like us.

It will be best 600$ you will spend on the bike , trust me exhaust can wait imho. By the way i am your neighbor New Yorker
Cheers
My sitting position is actually ok, then again i have not ridden more than an hour at a clip, maybe i'll be in for some discomfort on longer trips.
The exhaust was/is a welcomed addition, she now has a wonderful growl, i really like it.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESE_VERSYS2013 View Post
Dumont, you?
Dumont is north right?

I'm in Little Ferry, 10 min from Met Life, we should link up.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Delkevic is great to do business with i got some SS Headers from them for the Versys.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nov4...QsT5_m3bkEZDjA .Then Some Mini 8" Slip-Ons for the FJR.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FluOcMhvtuI .I had to take the pipes off the FJR and rounded off one of the clamps bolt head. Called them to order a new clamp and they sent me 2 new clamps for free.
yeah man, what a good group over there, i will be more than willing to refer and use them going fwd, the exhaust fits great and went on rather seamlessly. What a great growl she has now, and she seems more peppy too.
My one my friends heard her and was super impressed.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Dumont is north right?

I'm in Little Ferry, 10 min from Met Life, we should link up.
Check out North Jersey Motorcycle Group at meetup.com. Join for free, great bunch of riders... great rides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode