She's gonna Lose It. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
She's gonna Lose It.

Oh Boy. Can't sleep. Feel like virgin on prom night. Just made a huge decision and traded in my mint old '85 Suzuki 1200 Madura hot rod on a new blue Versys. It's 4 in the morning here in Canada (near Toronto) and I have been up since 3. I pick up my new Versys at 9:30am today. I will probably be sitting in the parking lot greeting the employees at the bike shop as they wander into work. Its a long weekend here, and I am starting my 3 weeks of summer vacation from work. I will probably have it in for its first 600 mile service by Wednesday, would be Monday or Tuesday but the shop is closed for Canada day. My wife is gonna kill me cause I got a layoff notice for September, but I figured it's now or never cause nobody will finance me 2 months from now and I have been staring at pics and driving to bike shows since '06 to sit on this bike. She's gonna snap. Oh well, I won't hear her with the wind noise as I thrash around terrorizing the back country. Only seen 1 of these bikes around here and the guy thought I was stalking him as I followed him around for about 30 minutes admiring his red one and all his aftermarket goodies. He eventually decided I was insane and hammered away at high speed and left me and my old Ford in the dust.
Hope to see someone else with this new machine, and look foreward to possibly going for a ride with a new best friend that will let me crash on his/her couch until my wife chills out and lets me come back home.
Till Then, Bye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:32 AM

Welcome to the club. You're going to luv it

Cheers,
Colin
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 PM

I have empathy for your plight, and relate to your excitment. My wife took the news of my new purchase pretty well, even offered to drive me to the airport to go up to pick up my new scoot. This is the 3rd. time I have suprised her with the news of a new bike in the garage so I guess she's getting used to it. Our daughter just purchased a nice used Suzuki GS500F about 2 months ago and she didn't flip out on her either.

Maybe she will warm up to it more once she gets on behind and gets her face into the wind for a while, it is certainly going to be more comfortable than being a pillion on my XR650L or old Triumph Speed Triple!

Welcome and Good luck,

Zeniac

Last edited by Zeniac; 06-28-2008 at 11:17 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 12:47 AM

New Versys or new wife?

Easy choice. Enjoy your Versys.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

K. She still ain't talking to me, which isn't so bad cause I've had it a week and I'm already due for the first service (1200k.) She can't squawk at me if I'm not home to hear her. I have 3 weeks of holidays and I wanted to be able to open this thing up a bit and see what she's got. So far no complaints, but it's hard to really judge until I can give her some snot. Handles like a dream and great on gas, and gets lots of looks too. Love the smooth factory radials and cornering ability, and I actually like the quiet pipe, it's a nice change from rauchy muscle bike pipes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 PM

Your spouse and mine should go bowling. They'd have a lot to talk about. Fortunately for me, my spouse was laid off two weeks AFTER I bought my first bike. If it was the other way around - I may not be riding today. I've been down the silent treatment route, I understand that one full well.

I live down in Niagara Falls - we should ride some time.

Last edited by Ocean; 07-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode