Hello. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello.

I don't own a Versys, yet. I'll be getting one in the fall, around the middle of September. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the game, by keeping up to date on all the Kaw Versys tips and tricks.

I look forward to a positive and constructive experience on these forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:43 PM

Careful if you read to much on this site, you're going to find that september is long way away.

You will enjoy this bike as much as we do!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Welcome aboard VersysKaw!

Actar911 is right - having only owned my V for a short time, the forum and its many great members add a lot to the overall owner experience. I don't think I would have the discipline to keep myself from just going out and buying one now.

Cheers!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Considering that driving the Versys instead of the car will save me about $105 per month on gas, and the loan payment shouldn't be more than $170 per month, you may be right.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 AM

If you'd owned a Silverado, you'd be in my shoes and would buy it immediately. It will take a mere year and a half in fuel savings alone to pay for the bike.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

I drove a '04 Dodge RAM 1500 before the GTI. When gas was around $3/gln a couple years ago, it cost me ~$80 to fill the truck and that only lasted about 5 days. So yeah, I know where you're coming from.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actar911 View Post

Careful if you read to much on this site, you're going to find that september is long way away.

Tell me about it! I'm in the same boat as VersysKaw. Waiting until end of July. Excruciating!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:31 PM

Think of it this way, when you do get your Versys you will already know what other have done, what works, what don't, and what ideas and farkle you would like to get (if you haven't already done so).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Think of it this way, when you do get your Versys you will already know what other have done, what works, what don't, and what ideas and farkle you would like to get (if you haven't already done so).
Yup. I hope by then there will be aftermarket mirrors, since they're an issue for some people. I want to get a set of bags from Givi as well.

There, I know some stuff, so joining has paid-off already. (luv the icon)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Welcome Versyskaw,

I have also had the Versys itch for a while now and like you felt I would have to wait until the fall to find a good used one on the market as I couldn't find any local dealer (in the Rio Grande Valley) that would go lower than $7,400 OTD, and the best deal in Texas was $6999.00 OTD in Houston. Fortunately I found a slightly used (3,300 miles) Versys that was a trade in at a Ducati dealer in Dallas and picked it up for $5,000 OTD, and saved myself enough to justifying the purchasing now instead of waiting until fall.

I am really looking forward to riding a proper street bike again as my XR650L was getting very old on the 60 mile daily commute.

Zeniac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode