hello tire question - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hello tire question

This is my first post.been a member since 2009(i hate to type).My roadsmart 2 is almost bald.And have a itch to try the angel gt.i was wondering if any rs users made the switch?
Overall iam very happy with my rs approx 6500 miles out of rear.9500 out of front with still 1/3 more thread left.Marked improvement with rs2 over rs1 in grip and handling.All of my rs tires (5) never needed any balancing.The rs2 rear does show some minor cupping.And flat spotted after 5000 miles (hey i live in south florida)
There is only a $5 price different with rs>angel (135).Do you i would get anymore milage out of the angel? thanks cheapskate

Last edited by rando21; 05-17-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
A few guys here have gone with the Angels and were pretty happy. Only complaint was the life of the tire...Quite a few here went with the Michelin PR3's and now the PR4's and so far from my personal experience as well as others here they are thrilled with them....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Just bought PR4's for mine, not on yet...but I've used PR's on past bikes and love them.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 03:32 PM

Another vote for PR4.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

I did noticed many members here using michelin tires .I always been a Dunlop guy.Dunlop being the only american owned company and its constant support of off road racing .But thanks for your info.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:07 PM

Would say the PR3 used was "King in the Rain". Good to see PR4 got good reviews. Waiting for them to come in...

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 09:14 PM
MTS

MPR4's!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by onewizard; 10-03-2018 at 06:43 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 11:10 PM

I like the MPR3's I have on my R1200RT, they are the best ever, but are expensive. On that big, heavy, and 105HP bike, they last me around 6,000 miles per pair.

The RoadSmarts I have on my new-to-me Versys are 6 years old and terrible. I don't know if the are just old or have been this bad since they were new, but they don't seem to have much grip at all.
At a stop light, with these RoadSmarts, I can lock the front brakes and drag the bike backwards just pulling on the front bars.

I bought a set of conti motions on bike bandit last week to replace these RoadSmarts. They were on sale, $160 for both with shipping included!

I put Michelin Pilot Power on my wife's F650CS. LOVE them, but they weren't on sale last week, like they were when I last bought a pair. The Pilot Power's are more "sport riding" style than touring style, but my wife doesn't put many miles per year, and these tires will probably last her 2.5 years. (6,000 miles or so).

The Conti's are supposedly a 'budget' tire, like the RoadSmarts. I am hoping that when NEW they will be stickier than the chalky RoadSmarts I have now.

-Ben.

Last edited by BenRussoUSA; 05-18-2014 at 10:00 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
So far had very good success out of bridgestone 023's on both my bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode