New here from Sf Bay Area - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New here from Sf Bay Area

Suggestions on Sm/Med tank bag?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Givi T409

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Welcome to the site
It all depends if you want magnetic or strap style

The factory Kawasaki one is nice. Expensive.
The small see thru tray at the top is for fast track devices, from what I have been told
http://www.kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/...CategoryID=160

Go to road rider in San Jose. They have some on the wall they will let try them out on the motorcycle.
I am currently using a cheap magnetic tank bag from walmart. I run it backwards on the tank. It works but cheaply made. Found it at the walmart in Milpitus
Not my picture

I am saving up for the bags connection tank bag that mounts to ring around the gas cap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwTezOOuKnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_RE7QEOwc
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/bran...oduct_type=478

Last edited by Motojunkee; 05-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 05:58 PM

My only tank bag is on my grom.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

I like the idea of the quick disconnect of magnets. I'll keep plug'in around. Good looking out guys, thanks.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 PM
MTS

Sorry don't use one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Oh the GROM!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by onewizard; 10-03-2018 at 05:58 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 10:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Sorry don't use one!

Oh the GROM!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Didn't know anyone made one that small.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Oh the GROM!
Haha!! It is great for a quick trip to the hardware store for a box of screws or something smaller than a box of light bulbs. Last tank of gas I got 129 MPG. Not to mention, it is a hoot to ride! I really love pissing off the guys in the loud pickup trucks who can't stand me to pass them on such a little motorcycle. Guess it challenges their bad azz manhood image. They think they got dissed by a scooter!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 11:03 AM

Garage
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...svid=137026734

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 AM
MTS

Quote:
Haha!! It is great for a quick trip to the hardware store for a box of screws or something smaller than a box of light bulbs. Last tank of gas I got 129 MPG. Not to mention, it is a hoot to ride! I really love pissing off the guys in the loud pickup trucks who can't stand me to pass them on such a little motorcycle. Guess it challenges their bad azz manhood image. They think they got dissed by a scooter!
I'm getting off topic here but some of those big trucks are so loud and the black clouds of fuel its unreal. Some are just for show, to say to other look at me I'm a big stud macho man! LOL I always think what an idiot!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by onewizard; 10-03-2018 at 05:59 PM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm getting off topic here but some of those big trucks are so loud and the black clouds of fuel its unreal. Some are just for show, to say to other look at me I'm a big stud macho man! LOL I always think what an idiot!
That black exhaust is just passing gas from eating a prius. At least that's what theneighbor kid tells me. His is all lifted and stuff. He let me drive it once. The only thing that I can say about it is that it "looks" really cool, but drives like absolute crap.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Ever notice how many of those pick-ups have a sticker for H-D in the rear window...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Ever notice how many of those pick-ups have a sticker for H-D in the rear window...?
I need to get me some of those Harley stickers. We have three Harleys and no stickers.

Got a closet full of Victory t-shirts, though. Free with the test drive of every Victory.

Come to think of it, we don't have a pickup-truck, either.

Do you think those guys with those trucks actually own a Harley, or do they just have the stickers?

To the original poster - I have this Cortech tank bag. It works well.
http://www.cortechperformance.com/pr...ank_Bag/392/31
It's an 8 liter. We also have the 12 liter bag. They also make the 18 liter bag, which looks like the 12 liter bag with a zippered expando sorta thingy that gives it more height. The 12 liter bag is good for the 1+ day trips.

Last edited by kballowe; 05-09-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode