Wind Screen/Bluetooth helmets - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wind Screen/Bluetooth helmets

Does anyone have any opionions for a wind screen? Does simply adjusting the stock wind screen on your Versys suffice?

Secondly, does anyone have any insite on Blue Tooth helmets? Should I watch out for a certain brand, or are there any easy alternatives?

Thanks for the replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 08:11 AM

There are a ton of options for both, and ultimately it'll come down to your riding style and preference. I use a Zero Gravity ST shield and am very happy with it. The stock shield didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. Bluetooth helmets are pretty common these days. Personally I wasn't looking for in-helmet communications; just the ability to hear both google maps directions and spotify from my phone. To save myself a bunch of money I retrofitted my HJC Symax3 with a bit of homebrew audio:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=21552

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Do you have a Gen1 or Gen2 Versys?? the windscreens are different. Haven't tried a bluetooth helmet. But i've had a Scala Bluetooth System on my helmets since 2010 they work great.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have the Sena communication system. Works awesome!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
I have the Sena communication system. Works awesome!

+1

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 02:17 PM

As for screens I am going back to stock as the Puig I bought is not to my liking. However, it all depends on personal preference and everyone is built differently so air will flow over a different rider on the exact same bike differently.

As for communicators, I've used a few and much prefer the Sena SMH-10. up to a few weeks ago only communicators from one brand could communicate to each other. However, Sena released a software upgrade that will allow you to communicate with all the other major brands who immediately followed suit with their own software upgrades.

Sena is my favorite as it is a quality product and I found it intuitive to use. I really liked the big dial on the side. I have had to deal with their warranty people (due to a past job) and found them to be super awesome. Granted the customer didn't seem to realize you had to charge the battery. I had images in my head of tin cans with string between them taped to this dudes helmet.

I tested a U-Clear unit for a while and was annoyed by the lack of range. The fact that it does not have a mic is cool but can be a pain to install and I found that it would cut off half of the first word you said. So instead of saying "hello" you heard "ello".

I quite like the Cardo Scala rider as well. I liked that the model I used could accommodate ear buds. The 2 button thing was a little bit of a fiddle and I found the usability to be a little less intuitive but that is really personal preference.

In general I would ovoid the helmet specific models as the warranty programs and build quality is usually kinda crap and are generally not as good.

I have not tried out an Interphone but I have not heard anything about it.

I hope this helps.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 04:23 PM

If you're still shopping for bluetooth, I can't recommend the Sena smh10 more highly. Comparable or superior to Scala in most reviews I've seen but somehow cheaper.

They can now communicate with other brands. I can have my phone in my topbox and no problems with reception.

I get more noise on my versys than on my ninja - on the ninja people couldn't tell I was riding unless I got the RPM near the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bluetooth, windscreen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode