too loud!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
too loud!!

My '08 V had a jardine exhaust when I purchased it last week. Too loud for me!
I will be looking on the forum to buy or trade for a stock exhaust.

Just got a new wind shield in the mail. Woo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 PM

Love my quiet stocker!

I can play around and not draw any unwanted attention!!

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
MTS

Really like the stocker!

Nice and quiet! When I knock off a bank I slowly coast away and no one ever knows! $$

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 PM

+3 for the quiet stocker.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 PM

I have a Delkevic 13, tri oval ready to install this w/e. I know I'll miss the quiet but since I ride the V a lot in traffic, I'll feel better if it were louder. If it starts to grind on me my C14 is stock and pretty noiseless.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned

If you can't find a OEM exhaust to your liking.
You might consider the need to repack the JARDINE canister.
Aftermarket canisters often use fibrous batting that degrades with use.

http://www.jardineproducts.com/index...epack-kit.html

"UNIVERSAL CANISTER REPACKING KIT FOR RT-1 EXHAUSTS
JARDINE RECOMMENDS RE PACKING YOUR EXHAUST EVERY YEAR!
THIS WILL HELP FROM HEAT WEARING OUT YOUR EXHAUST AND KEEP YOUR BIKE RUNNING GREAT!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trturnerfamily View Post
My '08 V had a jardine exhaust when I purchased it last week. Too loud for me!
I will be looking on the forum to buy or trade for a stock exhaust.

Just got a new wind shield in the mail. Woo!

Last edited by Seeya; 04-08-2014 at 10:57 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Where are you located? I wear 32dB contour earplugs and don't hear the loud east more than a rumble on my Mean Streak. I might be up for a trade if you are within riding distance of Nashville, TN.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 07:39 AM

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 08:45 AM

I like the OEM as well, not sure what the advantage is on a aftermarket exhaust?

Lovin every minute of it!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 11:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avande View Post
I like the OEM as well, not sure what the advantage is on a aftermarket exhaust?
The only advantage I saw was when I was driving the California freeways with the bikes lane splitting around me. The sound alerted me to stay where I was until I knew where the bike was.

Other than that no advantage other than those who enjoy the sound of the unmuffled engine.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM

I am loving the silence of a stock exhaust, but it is true that loud pipes save lives, and I will most likely wait to change, but I feel like it needs to be done.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:25 PM

Did your bike come with a power commander to go with the pipe? If so, I have a nice clean stocker with about 1500 miles on it I would trade for the commander. I use a Yoshi pipe. It's not very loud, I just think it looks cooler than stock.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
but it is true that loud pipes save lives,
I respectfully disagree. This subject is quite debatable. I happen to think that in the vast majority of accidents involving another vehicle, load pipes make no difference in the outcome.

Only in a very few instances would the load exhaust make another vehicle aware of ones presence and possibly avoid a collision.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 03:07 PM

Garage
I'd trade you

I'd be down for an exhaust swap if you're still looking to trade.
I've got an '09 with only about 1,500 miles on it.

Luck favors the prepared.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 03:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I respectfully disagree. This subject is quite debatable. I happen to think that in the vast majority of accidents involving another vehicle, load pipes make no difference in the outcome.

Only in a very few instances would the load exhaust make another vehicle aware of ones presence and possibly avoid a collision.
I agree with this also. That is why I said the only instance is in California filtering between cars. Sharing a lane is very risky because you are in the blind spot as well as very close to the car.

Otherwise, Hi-vis and extra lighting is the way to go.

Buy a loud pipe because you love the sound or want the attention of people in their front yards. LOL!

When I put Full on DOT Knobbies on my KLR there wasn't a single person who didn't look up from what they were doing in their yard to figure out what that sound was.

My Versys Travels:

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I agree with this also....
Buy a loud pipe because you love the sound or want the attention of people in their front yards. LOL!

Bingo!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Bingo!
+1 Just don't do like a neighbor did like this morning around 5:30 when he gets on his hog and has to rev it for everyone in the surrounding neighborhoods to hear. I like exhaust sound but baby my V leaving the neighborhood each morning until I'm out on the open road.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:

I can understand. On all of my previous bikes I had super loud exhaust, and I felt that it got too much attention at times. I do love the sound, and it's good for people to hear you coming, but I don't want to anger the neighbors with this bike. I wish there was an exhaust that I could turn on and off, but that's not gonna happen. I guess my best bet is to look for a nice mellow exhaust that sounds good when you grab a big ol' handful of throttle, but doesn't set off car alarms at idle.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
I can understand. On all of my previous bikes I had super loud exhaust, and I felt that it got too much attention at times. I do love the sound, and it's good for people to hear you coming, but I don't want to anger the neighbors with this bike. I wish there was an exhaust that I could turn on and off, but that's not gonna happen. I guess my best bet is to look for a nice mellow exhaust that sounds good when you grab a big ol' handful of throttle, but doesn't set off car alarms at idle.
Take a listen. I really enjoy this slip on
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
Not too bad. I was looking at Delkevic, but never bothered to youtube them. I have other priorities first. Crash bars and top case are next I think.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode