Hello from Maine - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Maine

Hello everyone, I bought a new leftover 2012 versys 650 in August and have just under 2000 miles on it. To this point, I am really impressed with the bike. I like the seating position, and I feel the handling is excellent. The bike feels rugged too. I have added handguards, givi crashbars and a powerbronze rear hugger. Awesome to have a bike that has plenty of accessories available. I have been reading on the forum for a while, and I figure I should become a member and not just a snooper. I can not wait for riding season up here to start but looking out at 3+ feet of snow doesn't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 09:07 PM

Welcome, fellow New Englander.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 09:38 PM

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 AM

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 AM

Hello to another New Englander....love Maine.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome from SUNNY Alaska
Spent quite a few summers in Wells Beach when I was a teen. Ah the good ole' days! Believe it or not I've been riding here in AK for a week or so, hardly any snow....go figure? Grew up in Upstate NY.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 08:20 AM

Welcome

Welcome to the forum.
Sitting here watching yet another snowstorm in Newfoundland, Canada.
15-30 cm of snow today and 30-40 cm on Wed. GRRRRRRRRRRR
I can't wait to ride my V. I put my ski doo away this past weekend as most of our snow was gone, and we have had a couple of sunny days of a balmy 3 degrees C.

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Welcome from New Hampshire.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
from Moosehead Lake, Maine (at least from May though October that is). Where in Maine are you located? Probably in the snowy part!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Welcome from SUNNY Alaska
Spent quite a few summers in Wells Beach when I was a teen. Ah the good ole' days! Believe it or not I've been riding here in AK for a week or so, hardly any snow....go figure? Grew up in Upstate NY.
I used to go 'spring-bear' hunting in Northern Alberta (north of Peace River, near Keg River which is ALMOST as far north as Jeff is...), in early May, just after the ice was out on the Peace. Temps would be in the mid-70s w/ about 19 - 20 hours of saylight, while back south in Edmonton - cold and some snow, and not nearly as much sun.

... and...

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I am in central maine in the st albans area. I am only about 45 minutes south east of moosehead lake, we go up for lunch quite a few times during the summer there. This year it is the snowy part, we have had the jackpot for all the snow storms this year so far in the state. The past few years the winters have been mild as far as snow and temps but this year seems to be an old fashioned winter. Cold for long periods of time and quite a bit of snow. Heading for North Carolina on friday for a break though so hopefully the snow doesn't follow me. Anybody been to the Wheels Through Time museum?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:40 PM

Never heard of it, sounds cool though. Is it in Maine or NC? By the way i've done my fair share of camping fishing and snowmobiling up in the moosehead area. It is sooo nice up there.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Yeah Moosehead is a nice area for snowmobiling. The Wheels Through Time museum is in NC. The owner actually has a show on velocity channel called "Whats in the Barn." Everything in the museum runs, mostly motorcycles and there are some oldies. I'll take pics when I go there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode