Glad I found you! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Random Commuter
Glad I found you!

The talent out there never ceases to amaze me.

I've been looking for a center stand for my V and, having no luck, had the bright idea that there just *might* be a forum out there somewhere. Whodathunk?

So, while I am disappointed at my options concerning center stands, I'm certainly impressed with the creativity and innovative minds I've witnessed on here.

FYI -- I'm a huge fan of this bike. It makes everyone ask what it is and it draws sneers from the crotch-rocket crowd AND the loud obnoxious cruisers. All of this suits me just fine. It's an unassuming well-engineered machine that takes people by surprise. I even like the weird fairing around the tank, and I'm not really sure why.

One of these days, I'll be able to afford a BMW FS-800, which seems to be the standard-bearer in this class. Until then, this little Kawasaki seems to do the trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM

Random Commuter, you have come to the right place. If you would be so kind, tell us a little about yourself and your other interests. At any rate I'm sure that you will find yourself just as welcome as I have since I joined.
A great wealth of knowledge is contained in these pages and I find myself spending way to much time reading about what others are doing with their machines or their adventures.
Enjoy and ride safe,
Steve
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Random welcome to the the forum! I'm a noobie here too. I've found all sorts of helpful info here already. I hope you do eventually get your FS-800 as a long time BMW rider myself I appreciate the appeal. Unlike you I stepped down from Big Blue to the Versys.

Enjoy the Enigmatic Versys!

Nikki

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Commuter View Post
The talent out there never ceases to amaze me.

I've been looking for a center stand for my V and, having no luck, had the bright idea that there just *might* be a forum out there somewhere. Whodathunk?

So, while I am disappointed at my options concerning center stands, I'm certainly impressed with the creativity and innovative minds I've witnessed on here.

FYI -- I'm a huge fan of this bike. It makes everyone ask what it is and it draws sneers from the crotch-rocket crowd AND the loud obnoxious cruisers. All of this suits me just fine. It's an unassuming well-engineered machine that takes people by surprise. I even like the weird fairing around the tank, and I'm not really sure why.

One of these days, I'll be able to afford a BMW FS-800, which seems to be the standard-bearer in this class. Until then, this little Kawasaki seems to do the trick.

You'll find tons of info here to greatly improve (farkle?) your V to your satisfaction. When you get it all done you may not lust after the Beemer quite so much!

regards, Bob
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Random Commuter
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstack View Post
Random Commuter, you have come to the right place. If you would be so kind, tell us a little about yourself and your other interests. At any rate I'm sure that you will find yourself just as welcome as I have since I joined.
A great wealth of knowledge is contained in these pages and I find myself spending way to much time reading about what others are doing with their machines or their adventures.
Enjoy and ride safe,
Steve
Sstack -- I'm just a middle-aged guy who loves anything with reciprocating piston engine. I have a weakness for the odd ducks of the world. For example, I owned & drove 2 Merkur XR4Ti's (a silver '86 and a white '88), and I'm not really sure why. Everyone else thought they were hideous, impractical and useless. I loved them, in spite of the constant fiddling with the *really* crappy Ford EEC IV necessary to keep them humming.

I think a motorcycle is a much more fun way to get mpg than a hybrid. It tickles me how smug people are when they go out and spend a ton of money on a hybrid acting like they're doing something for the "environment" when all they're really doing is stroking their own egos.

But I digress ... heheh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode