Great Website / forum - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to skidmarks
Thumbs up Great Website / forum

Hi there,

Just wanted say you have a great forum here and good to see people sharing their idea's and information with others.
Here in Australia there does not seem to be much after market stuff for the Versys. If there is, its quite expensive and its a lot cheaper for me to buy the gear from the US and get it shipped over. (just received my hugger from froggy today)
By what I have read in the posts it appears that the Green V has only been re-least in the US this year? correct me if i am wrong. In Australia it was any colour as long as its was Green for 07 and 08 models, I think they have releast Orange now for 2009.
I have been riding Enduro Bikes for 30 years, I'm into the hardcore trail bike riding and thought it time to get onto the Bitumen. I have been quite attracted to the Dual sport type motorbikes, The Vstrom, BMW GS650 and the Versys.
In December 08 I test road them all and being a hardcore Suzuki fan it was hard to say, but the Kawasaki Versys won hands down. Its light, torqued down really well for riding in the mountains and you can really get it moving on the twists and bends.
My mate has a TL1000s and he got a wake up call when I hammered him on one of our Mountain Roads to Mount Hotham.
The only mod I have done to the bike in performance is replaced the original brake lines with the stainless steel braided brake lines. This improved my braking about 20+% I would recommend this mod to anyone.
The Versys is certainly a great bike and I think Kawasaki has done there home work on this one.

Cheers
Mark (Skidmarks)
Northeast Victoria
Australia

Last edited by skidmarks; 09-16-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 PM
vp7

Howdy, you are right about the colours. I live in Canada and we've had the Versys since 07 with the black and burnt orange, 08 had the blue and red, and this year it's the green and gray (darker).

The US sold 08 red and blue(maybe) and this year they have blue and green.

It seems like they mix match the colours each year as every country/region seems to have different options.

I've spent 4 months in Australia about 10 years ago and would love to go back and tour on a bike.

Enjoy the Versys and post some pics from your neck of the woods sometimes.

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to skidmarks
Hi VP7
If you plan a trip over here again let me know.
Re photo's, I'm planning a ride with a group of fellow bikers in October just a day trip around Lake Hume and along the Murray River a very good road with lots of bends and hills, will post some pic then and may be a movie as well.

Thanks for the welcome...

Last edited by skidmarks; 09-17-2009 at 02:39 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:37 AM

We welcome skidmarks.
Greetings Sir, I know you will enjoy the company on this site.
I had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country back in the seventy's and still have many fond memories of my all to short of a stay in the Brisbane area.
The beer was good, but the people were GREAT! I have been many places but to this day I think that the friendliness of the Australian folks top the list.
Good to have you along.
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode