Its been awhile fellas... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Its been awhile fellas...

No longer a Versys owner, I actually haven't been for a long time now though. I loved the engine on my 09, but the cowling buzz just killed the fun. I tried several different solutions to get it to stop, and none of them worked 100%. Mixed feelings when I traded it in for my Triumph Tiger 800 (which has since been replaces by a Street Triple R). The Tiger was a wonderful machine... but my long distance travel days are about over with. The Street Triple R hasn't failed to make me smile yet! Good times!

Anyway, when I bought the Versys I lived with that horrible wedgie maker of a saddle for the first few thousand miles. Worst stock saddle I've ever experienced... so much so that I dropped the $450 or so that Corbin was asking for the Canyon Deluxe saddle. Im usually not into upgrading the saddle either... my rides aren't really long enough anymore to justify the cost... I just grin and bear it. Not so with the Versys, gimmie that Corbin! Actually, my first ever seating upgrade. While I was waiting for Corbin to produce the saddle, I was having cowling vibe issues. I could handle the tingly fingers, but that buzzing sucked! I tried double stick foam tape, cut up bicycle inner-tubes, etc but could never isolate the buzz. I decided to move on. The Tiger had caught my eye and I was into trading. So, the Corbin saddle came in... I immediately dropped it to the floor, yep, thats me. I guess I was excited... they were backed up and I had to wait awhile... put it on the Versys, and felt like crap that I knew I was going to trade it in the next day. I tried offering the saddle to my dealer in hopes that he would give me a better deal on the trade... he didnt, so I kept it. Its been in the orig. box this whole time. We moved last summer and I've been meaning to sell it ever since. I tried posting in the FOR SALE section, but I guess my privs aren't allowing it since I haven't posted in a while. I could've just put it on ebay... which, I guess I will if this doesn't work out (can do it that way too if you would feel safer or just prefer it that way... you pay all associated fees though). I just wanted to offer it up to the fans first... figured this was the place to do it. (sorry for the wrong section post mods, don't hate me... Im trying to rally cash for my first two-stroke purchase). So to make a long story even longer...

Brand new Corbin K-VRS-8-CDS saddle for sale... Asking $350 and you pay shipping. I did drop it, and of course it made a small tear, but I got lucky in that the location isn't very visible... and the tear is only approx. 1 inch. I do have photos and can take more if you'd like. Ive been meaning to sell it for awhile, but there a certain 1972 Yamaha R5 350 thats caught my eye and Im in rally the cash mode. Im open to phone contact... just shoot me an email (does it show in my profile?), and Ill email you my number back. Im in Central Kentucky if that helps as far as shipping rates go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0964.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	42090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	42098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0967.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	42106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	42114  

Last edited by Nerdvous; 02-24-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I had a Corbin for a bit. That tear can be fixed with...http://www.amazon.com/Shoe-GOO®-Adhe...words=shoe+goo

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I had planned on using some form of black epoxy or something if I ever attempted to repair it but just never got around to it. The tear olny made it through the outer layer of material so I never really stressed about it... I figured Id leave for the next owner to repair to their specs.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Crap... The dude sold the bike... On a deposit! Oh well, seats still for sale. Anyway a MOD could move this over to the for sale section?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 AM

Nerdvous, on a side note.... I know you said you're long distance riding is about done. Is the Street Triple something you would've been able to do 500+ in a day on without needing to be pried off at the end of the day?

Also, how is the insurance compared to the what the V's was?

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

My longest ride on the Triple was about 220 miles and it wasnt the worst day in the saddle ever... No, I dont ever see myself doing 500+ mile rides on it. It hurts my knees more than anything as Im about 6' 1" and it feels like it would be perfect for someone more in the 5' 8" area. No complaints though, it serves its purpose... And on joyrides you really cant beat the price to fun ratio of the STR. So much so that Im still looking for the right priced 2012 Daytona 675R to go with the Streety. Lol! Motorcycles are addicting!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Now the Tiger 800 road version was a different story, I did a few 600+ mile days on that bike and it was nothing short of plush and perfect... one of the few bikes I would say that about. Id love to own another, but Ive got my sights on a few other "holy grail" bikes on my list... and two in the process of resto/mod. I know Ill prolly get chewed on hard for saying this here, but there is no comparing the Versys to the Tiger. Where the Versys felt raw and somewhat untamed, the Tiger feels refined and very predictable. Both have good grunt, but that triple cylinder engine is a a thing of wonderment. Roll on from 1500 rpm in 5th gear? Sure, no problem. 120 mph? Yep. Gas mileage? Average. Just a great bike really.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Brand new with a tear? I guess my search continues
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 01:56 AM

Will it fit a 2010? If it does I'll give u 200dlls. for it? If u pay shipping I'll give 250 dlls. ??? Never know until you try!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

I appreciate the offer, and counter offer with $300 + shipping. Thats my best deal. It'll hit ebay this weekend with a starting price of $300.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

And Im pretty sure it would fit a 2010 the same as it fit my 09. The way Corbin lists it on their site it seems it fits all Versys models, but Im not,positive about that part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode