New from Tulsa, Oklahoma - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile New from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Picked up my versys last Wednesday and love it! I have been seriously looking at bikes for the past 2 years and had all but decided on the KTM Superduke....never heard of the versys until a couple of months ago, so I researched and contemplated and finally decided to buy one! called all over Oklahoma trying to find one with no luck. So I talked with the local dealer here in Tulsa, actually Broken Arrow and he said that with a deposit he could probably have one for me in a few weeks. I got up early saturday morning the 7th of June to take my deposit to the dealer and wait......well I walked in and there sat on the showroom floor a versys! I figured it was sold, the dealer told me they had gotten it off of another dealer in OK and it had just arrived the day before, I said sign me up! any way, it was meant to be...I love the bike, exactly what I have been waiting for. Now if the dang rain would stop for a few minutes so i could put some miles on it! Only thing that I am not happy about is the seat and the seat height. I am 5'-11" so the height is not sooo bad, but I would like it better a bit lower. The seat itself, well I just do not like it, it acts as a slide drawing me up to the gas tank and causing a very uncomfortable cramming of the jeans between the beans!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:54 PM

and congrats on the V.

Check out Speedy's lowering kit - I'm 5'10" and can flat foot both sides now.

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=282

Last edited by PharmaSYSt; 06-16-2008 at 04:58 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

lowering kit

Pharmasyst

did speedy give you directions about lowering the forks etc.? I like the idea, but in a way kinda scares me, know what I mean?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 PM

I know exactly what you mean.

Speedy emailed explicit instructions w/ lots of pics and breaks it down so even I could understand.

I did have a little trouble getting the forks at the right spot, I over shot and couldn't figure out how to bring it back up. Luckily the local shop owner trades w/ me at the
pharmacy and fixed me up in 5 minutes at no charge.

I read on one of the threads to just work 1 side of the fork at a time or it'll drop onto the fender. The only other concern was cutting off the kickstand to mount the new foot (which is included w/ the kit) - I'm not that great w/ tools. Measure 8 times - cut once.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 AM

Sweet another Tulsa person - Havent seen another V around here yet - we should hook up sometime and go ride the Jay/Spavinaw loop. Welcome aboard.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

tulsa

ya, I have yet to see another versys either......or talk to anyone who has any idea as to what a versys is, I like it that way! everytime I pull up to a bunch of parked bikes, especially in the brookside area the versy is the center of attention. Yes, we will have to get together sometime and ride. Great to have someone in here from OK
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Welcome to the club

2013 Vulcan Classic LT but may be going back in the fold..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode