Greetings from MDSNO Albany NY area - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings from MDSNO Albany NY area

Hi! I bought a well ridden 85 LTD 454 this past June to see if I still had interest in riding and found I am very interested. The previous 2 years have have seen me at the forums, advrider, klr.net and of course the Great White Knights 454 forum. Previous bikes were a long time ago. I had a Kawi 900 or 1000 cc 2 stroke in 1979.. (scares me to think about it). I sat on the Versys yesterday at Troy City Garage where the V lists at about $5600 without the prep and freight. I want to learn... what are the best rain gear and clothing options to extend the riding season, and where can I get sound and navigation system in my helmet?
While selling the 4 major Japanese brands the dealer told me It has not been hard to keep bikes in stock and that manufacturers have canceled their yearly trade shows b/c of the economy. The V was a comfy fit for my 5'11 frame. I may be here a while to share in your enthusiasm. It's easy to see you V riders are having the majority of the fun.
Thanks
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I live pretty close by you and bought my Green V from Phipps in Albany a few months ago. They still have the blue one in stock, or did last week. The Troy guys ignore you for a while then get obnoxious. Phipps matched their price and I don't have to deal with the traffic on Rt 7. If you buy from Phipps, go to Steve and let him know I sent you. I went in to buy a Vulcan 900 and sat on a ER6N and V. With the Gel seat, the fit is perfect and I've never seen another V around Albany.

If you want to check it out, we can meet up by the Starbucks on Rt. 4... once the farkin rain stops.

Once the October cold hits, mine stays in the garage (next to the snowblower) until April.

GelSeat
HB Engine Bars
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shad 40 Trunk w/Top Rack
Shad Topmaster Bracket
Motowerk Mirror Extenders
Motowerk Standard Flatfoot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode