Looking at the Versys. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looking at the Versys.

Hey guys, I am new to the site. I am out here in Colorado and am looking at getting my next bike. The Versys has really caught my eye and I got to test ride a 2009 last year (not very long though). I am looking for a bike that will do a little of everything for me out here in Colorado, twisties, day trips, heading to Vail and yes at times, take my wife with me. I am just wondering how the Versys will do on highways and heading up to the mountains.

Seems like a great site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
They Versys will do fine for what your looking to do.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 12:22 AM
MTS

+1 weljo

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I have a 2009 for sale..http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=47970

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 01:20 AM
ggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2911 View Post
Hey guys, I am new to the site. I am out here in Colorado and am looking at getting my next bike. The Versys has really caught my eye and I got to test ride a 2009 last year (not very long though). I am looking for a bike that will do a little of everything for me out here in Colorado, twisties, day trips, heading to Vail and yes at times, take my wife with me. I am just wondering how the Versys will do on highways and heading up to the mountains.

Seems like a great site.
I ride hills, twisty s allot mainly 2-up with misses after its our bike she keeps telling me

We would be 280/290 in gear bikes Luvs it, if fact the bike is plusher with the misses on it.
Stock... the front is under sprung , correct springs a re valve is a must for me anyway under brakes it dived allot, now its very good.
Bike turns real well and there is enough room for us both.
We do day trips and have the stock luggage kit and racks plenty of room for gear for an over night stay.
Plenty enough power for highway and cruises real well, its a great all round bike, 2-up take off flat out and the front wheel lifts up.
We also do a allot of gravel roads mainly at sightseeing speeds and its fine for that also with 100% road tires, however you don't push real hard and have to be conservative around corners.

To make it a great bike a have done a few mods they are...
Speedy lowering pegs front and rear, it UN craps the riding position cheap and comfortable
Speedy anti vibe bar riser, the handle bar vibes on longer rides are a pain, but not now.
Speedy lowering rear link if you are under 6 foot otherwise its not required.
My bike came with a MRA screen which is a good compromise between looks and wind deflection.

That's about it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 AM

I was the same way when I was looking for a bike. I needed a bike that I could use to commute to work (especially here in Pittsburgh in which I needed a bike that could be nimble, get up hills, handle potholes) yet be able to comfortably handle a 400 mile day-trip (I do replace the stock seat with a Corbin seat for the longer trips). I just went to the Progressive Motorcycle show in Cleveland a couple of weeks ago. And ya know, after sitting on other bikes in and around the Versys class and price I know I made the best choice.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 03:14 PM

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the great info guys, really detailed and helpful. It sounds like the Versys really lives up to its name.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Banned

Wink

Hey JW, I may be coming up your way later this spring/summer, hit me up if you haven't bought one soon & I can swing by & you can check mine out.
(I will stay & look after your cat & drink all your beer while you enjoy the 'bike!)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 11:56 AM

Garage
When asking about two up riding, you didn't mention the combined weight of you, your spouse, gear, and luggage. That is going to be your limiting factor whether the bike can support the weight. Power wise not an issue. The bike is as quick as can be without slamming the front end up in the air. Great useable power.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 12:59 PM

Hi mate!

Versys is a good choice.
It seems that those bikes are very solid and you will have years of joy with your V.
strtjx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in