New member in Arizona - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member in Arizona

I don't have a Versys but I came across it while just browsing through manufacturer's websites looking for dual purpose bikes. The Versys looks like what I was looking for: a street bike that can go off road. Everything I read about the bike has been really good.

When I was growing up my grandparents owned a Honda motorcycle dealership so everyone in my family grew up riding. However most of my experience is with trail and off road riding, very little road riding. I should obviously take the motorcycle riding class. It sounds like when you take that class they provide you with a bike, is that correct? I also assume that when you pass the course that you get an endorsement from them that you can take to the DMV and/or your insurance company. How long are these endorsements good for?

I'm not looking to get a Versys immediately but would like to get one sometime in the future just as something fun to ride around on not necessarily a commuter.

I've also noticed when my wife and I go on road tips somewhere that any time one motorcycle rider encounters another one going the other way that they wave to each other no matter who is riding what.

Reading through these forums have been very informative. I hope to join the rest of the Versys riders on here in the not too distant future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 AM

Welcome, Check your state laws on the endorsement. The riding class here provides you with a bike so should be the same in AZ.Just do it, You will be glad you did.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to give this company a call: http://www.motorcycletraining.com/index.html. They've got a class where they provide the bikes and if you pass their written and riding tests after going through their classes then you just go down to the DMV and get you get a motorcycle endorsement without having to take the DMV tests. I'll just do it soon and get it out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode