Hello from Buffalo, NY - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Buffalo, NY

My name Is Mike but everyone calls me Russo thus the screen name, i live in buffalo NY but I am sure that is obvious.

I bought a 09 green versys last tuesday 8/11 and put about 550 miles on it in the last 6 days. love the bike, especially for 2-up riding with my wife. I think it actually rides better with her, or atleast i am more comfortable because the seat does not tilt so far forward with her on it.

I have been lurking since tuesday, already order new OSRAM bulbs and will likely be doing the seat mod in some form this week. i made a custom 1/2" spacer block for my tank that required no other modification. i will post a picture later but I took a 1/2" piece of aluminum block and milled down the center by 1/4" like the gap on the tank is originally. it fits beautifully and helps a little. i also made spacer for the tabs on the side of the seat that I still have to drill and tap into the tank support for those as well.

A little about me I am an industrial mechanic so I have full access to machining tools, which I love. I have also been repairing bike and cars for a while now which is why i bought the versys. i wanted a bike i could get on and ride, too many projects in the garage, people litterally give me project bike that are cool but take up alot of time.

I have been riding for about a decade and I race with WERA at VIR, Beaverun, summit piont and nelson ledges when i can afford it. I am taking off this fall as a late June accident (high side at 120 at beaverun) provided me with my 4th concussion in 8 years, last 3 from racing so I am taking it easy to recover. another reason I bought the bike.

My wife rides too but she is not very comfortabel on the bike as an operator so I bought the bike as she liked it 2-up. we put about 100 miles on it saturday with a friend it was nice not having her shift all over and fidget to get comfortable or hear her complain when she got off the bike.

I am a complete smart ass but try to keep it to a minumum on the net as it is not always read the way i meant it. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you in the future, until then keep the rubber side down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!! Has the snow even begun to melt up there??

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

yes but the rain has been killing us this season. we finally just got our first 3day+ spell without rain starting last monday/tuesday. we had a huge flood weekend prior that cripled 2 towns where a state of emergancy is in one town with national guard present. the snow is the least of our worries this season.

snow is usually only from very end of november/early december until late march, atleast anything that sticks that is. we get a few smaller storms earlier and later but they melt off in a day or two and the roads get cleaned off right away. worst part is the salt in spring.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 07:09 AM

Russo,

welcome, I was hoping you were gonna say you were a cab driver and that you recently got beat up by an NHL player!

Ever tour down to Warsaw, Silver Springs, Castile area? I love Letchworth State park area.
________
New Relationship Advice Forums

Last edited by furley; 05-14-2011 at 05:12 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 AM

Welcome from Rochester, Russo. I have had my Blue Versys since April, and have yet to see another up here.

Blue 09 Versys
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

I mostly ride in the southern tier area and have been down that way a few times. I will be expanding my riding circle now with a more comfortable ride. I do not live that far off your route to get there, drop me a line and pick me up some time I'd be happy to join a ride.

I havent seen another versys around here either. a rare gem i think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode