Hello from Alberta - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Alberta

Hi, sad to say I currently don't have a Versys but I am trying to talk a price on an 08 down right now and if that works I will have one by the end of the week. So I joined to get as much info as I could as it is a nice bloody bike but I know very little about it.

So hello to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 PM

Welcome to the group! Just look around here for a few days and you will learn all you need to know! I have an '08 and it is the most fun! Good luck on your deal!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:17 PM

no buyers remorse here..and it's my second one!

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard! Good luck with negotiations!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Picked it up today. Blue 08, I've put about 75km on already, still in the break in period so have to behave myself. Plus it was a cold day today so hard to get any speed up. Hope to break it out some more this week and have a killer time with it.

Only issues so far is I am noticing that cowling buzz around 4k rpm and I am a little dissapointed with the anemic sound the muffler puts out when you first start out off the line.

Otherwise pretty impressed so far. It's no F800GS but its also not 13k to buy either.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Welcome Hawkbox , Hopefully it warms up there soon and you can get a bunch of road time in
By the way , nice choice of color Blue is the Sexiest but dont tell the rest of the gang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Oh I'm keeping it under my hat. Need to look around for fixes to a few minor things but otherwise pretty happy so far. Need to wear warmer gear if I am going to ride when the sun is going down in Northern Alberta though.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbox View Post
Oh I'm keeping it under my hat. Need to look around for fixes to a few minor things but otherwise pretty happy so far. Need to wear warmer gear if I am going to ride when the sun is going down in Northern Alberta though.
The way the weather has been this last few days feels like the heated gear needs to come out ! So do you have any plans for goodies to add to the V ?? its a never ending addiction of me.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Looking primarily at Engine and Rad guards to protect against the rocks and **** on the road up here right now. Plus the heating for sure, those nights get cool these days.

Plan over the winter is the saddlebags and a better windshield. The bigger bugs still get through and goo up my faceshield.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 PM

Hello. I live in the south but grew up in the GP area. I hope the weather smartens up for you.

I work abroad but when I am home I manage to get out atleast once everyday. Since I bought my bike last fall I haven't missed a month without a single ride, even for only a few blocks when the sun comes out and melts the snow in the winter!

We have done one 2,700km trip down to Yellowstone National Park 2-up, loaded with all supplies for 3 days. The bike was great! The seat could be a little more comfortable though. I have a Vario windscreen that I just played with the angle by shimming. I'm quite happy with it. If I get another one it will be Mikes Grand Touring for the long trips. The way I look at the issue is that it's better than a bike with no fairing/windscreen and if I wanted no wind at all I would be riding a GoldWing!

I hope you enjoy the bike as much as I do. I'm still amazed how versatile the Versys is.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

No doubt, it's been miserable around here but I picked up a Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket and that is actually quite nice to wear but the old legs and hands are getting cold. Need to get some pants and some better gloves.

Bunch of guys want to do a Vancouver-Seattle-Vegas trip next summer and that sounds like my idea of a good time so I am trying to get it sorted out to get on that. So far I am rather happy with the result. Though I am a bit scared to start messing with it cause I don't want to scratch it. That aught to last till the first time I do something stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode