a French Versys :-) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
a French Versys :-)

Hello !

First of all, I apologize for my bad English ;-)

My name is David, I live in France, 100 km away from Paris, in a small village called Sigy.
I've owned a 2007 Versys for one year and have ridden about 12000 km with this bike up to now (its present kilometrage is 22000 ).
My previous bikes : a ZR7 Kawasaki, which I rode through 50000 km and an Europe tour (look at my website !), an Ireland tour... and a CB500 Honda which I enjoyed on the Carole race track (near Paris).

I've been reading your forum for a time et I find it much more interesting than the French forums about the Versys ! In France, people mostly buy ER6 (I believe it's called Ninja 650 abroad ), so the forums are dedicated to this bike and there is only a small section for the Versys with 2 or 3 guys on it :-)
And the ER6 owners have a quite different shape of mind than the Versys ones...

I have some mechanical knowledge, maybe I can help someone with maintenance or troubleshooting... but I want to learn a lot from you too !!!

Tchao!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 07:02 AM

Welsome to the board and we are glad to have you. You will find a lot of useful information about the Versys here and a lot of very nice people to chat with. I think your English is much better than my French!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 AM

Welcome davidles. It sounds like you're getting good use out of your bikes.

"kilometrage". I've never thought about your distance measure would be changed into that form. It's so normal to go from "mile" to "mileage", but that looked funny at first. Makes perfect sense, of course. I've just never seen it converted like that.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Ride safe.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 AM

Welcome to the group. Your English is better than some whose only language is English.

From what I understand the ninja name was made up by the U.S. marketing division of Kawasaki. The er6-f is our ninja 650 and we just got the er6-n for the first time this model year. They stuck with the er6-n name instead of calling it a naked ninja 650.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM

Welcome to group! I have learned so much about the Versys since I found this site, it has been a great to have so much information available. Please post some pictures from France when you ride.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 10:17 AM

welcome Dave. Great group of people here. If we make it to Paris this year ....I will look for The V-rider!! great forum here...lots of help available. look forward to your input....great english..btw

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM

welcome
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 01:11 PM

Welcome David.
Like most everybody else already said, that your English is probably much better than our French. I took it as a second language for eight years, and I still suck at it. It must be wonderful to ride in the European countryside? The bikers there are so much more skilled than here is the states. In the two weeks I was in Italy four years ago, I never saw anybody not fully protected.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Hi David

and welcome. Cool to have you here and looking forward to some pics of your Versys out and about in the French countryside.

Best Wishes
from South Africa

"Only dead fish go with the flow"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Salut salut David.

Je viens juste de rentrer des Etats-Unis et c'est vrai que les forums ici ne font pas justice a la belle machine qu'est la Versys.
j'ai ete force a vendre la mienne avant de revenir en France et j'en recherche une nouvelle en ce moment. J'ai hate d'etre de nouveau sur la route au guidon.
Je suis dans les Yvelines, peut etre que l'on pourrait se retrouver et rouler un peu des que j'ai une nouvelle monture.
Bienvene sur le forum en tout cas.

Christophe
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWitch View Post
Hi David

and welcome. Cool to have you here and looking forward to some pics of your Versys out and about in the French countryside.

Best Wishes
from South Africa
Yes, welcome! And I agree, pictures of your beautiful country would be nice!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 05:20 PM

Hello David,

No need to apologize about your English. Take a look at any U.S. based Craigslist "Rant" and you are miles, not kilometers ahead of most.

GelSeat
HB Engine Bars

Shad 40 Trunk w/Top Rack
Shad Topmaster Bracket
Motowerk Mirror Extenders
Motowerk Standard Flatfoot

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for your welcome !

"Please post some pictures from France when you ride." I'm planning a few-day-ride in the Alps in a couple of weeks, I will try to take some pictures (because most of time, I can hardly stop when I ride on beautiful roads ). But nowadays I have few time for trips, since my daughter is one month old !!! Another kind of pleasure, so great...

"If we make it to Paris this year ....I will look for The V-rider!!" Great ! My house is huge (but such a mess )

"The bikers there are so much more skilled than here is the states. In the two weeks I was in Italy four years ago, I never saw anybody not fully protected."

In France, you have to wear a helmet, and most people also wear a suitable jacket and gloves. But a lot ride only wearing jeans... and in summer, you can see a lot of people in Paris and around with only short, t-shirt and... helmet...

Christophe, ça me ferait plaisir de faire connaissance un de ces 4... et j'espère que tu auras la bonne idée de reprendre un Versys !!!

Just one picture from a trip in the Morvan (it's a natural park in Burgundy)

My bike with a twin sister in fact I accept to ride only with people who have the same bike as me
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Welcome David.
Greetings from Slovenia.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Hello All,

David welcome!!!

And as for me.. Im from Israel and i really enjoy this forum.

Thanks for everyone sharing and posting, my knowledge is getting larger every time i log on to the forum.

Cheers everyone

'09 Green Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode