My 114 mile ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My 114 mile ride

Hi all , My day started out with having to work a few hours . Headed out early this morning to San Francisco to bring a Stocking Crew a load of Sheet Rock . It was cold and wet and Dark out .I was thinking that I wasn't going to get to ride . I was back home in Morgan hill by 10:30 am By noon the weather looked good just a little cold but knowing this bundled up good and headed south to San Jose stopped at a friends to show my bike and since I was close to Highway 17 I jumped on it and headed over the hill to Santa Cruz . The bike cut through the twist and turns of the Santa Cruz Mountains so well that I was there in like 20 minutes grinning ear to ear . So Heck I grabbed Pacific coast Highway 1 south towards Monterey at Moss Landing I cut over east through Castroville on 156 back to Highway 101 North at Prunedale then through Hollister Gilroy and back home to Morgan hill . 114 miles of pure Joy . I couldn't ask for a nicer ride and to think it only gets better ... Again all thanks for letting me GLOAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Sounds like a great ride! I love the riding the roads around here. Lots of great roads...

Heated gloves and jacket make the cold weather riding nice and comfy. A bit of an investment, but well worth it!

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
Sounds like a great ride! I love the riding the roads around here. Lots of great roads...

Heated gloves and jacket make the cold weather riding nice and comfy. A bit of an investment, but well worth it!
Hey BaileyMan do you have the heated gloves ? If so what's your preference ? I have gloves that were advertised for extreme cold and they were fine for the first couple hours but at the end my hands were freezing . I definitely need something better . Let's hook up some weekend for a ride . I'm good to go most week-ends

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Only 114 miles? You really must get out and ride sometime.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

It's your privilege to gloat mate!!

You got pleasure from your motorcycling, & you made the episode sound interesting, unlike some members who only think that rides in excess of 350mls count as being worthy of boring us with.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:57 AM

Lucky you, it's nice that you're able to get out and ride! It's been freezing cold up here and with all the salt on the road the bike's been parked for a while

Lovin every minute of it!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks BritMick , I was just sharing a couple hours of a ride . It wasn't a planed event like numbnutts was crack'n on
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 12:38 AM
MTS

Great ride story!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 12-12-2013 at 09:01 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbiltsteve View Post
Hey BaileyMan do you have the heated gloves ? If so what's your preference ? I have gloves that were advertised for extreme cold and they were fine for the first couple hours but at the end my hands were freezing . I definitely need something better . Let's hook up some weekend for a ride . I'm good to go most week-ends
Hey PBS. I have the Gerbings gloves and love 'em! This will be my third winter with them, although I pretty much keep them in my top box year round (because Summer's in SF get pretty chilly). I also picked up a Hotwired brand (Cycle Gear) heated liner. It works with the gloves but I had to figure out what cord to plug in where to get the heat controller to work for the gloves and jacket. With the heated gloves there aren't cold hands. Even if you don't feel the warmth from the gloves, they're doing their job.

We've had lots of new folks from SF and the Bay Area. A ride is due. I wonder if we could squeeze one in on a chilly Sunday around Christmas or New Years. I wonder how many would be up for it?

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Jeez! The first sentence had me shaking my head for a moment - till I read a bit further. I thought you had managed to figure out a way to get a load of sheet rock on your Versys!!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Hell any chance to get on the bike no matter how long or short of a ride. Hell i have video from just going to the McDonalds behind my house..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Bailey Man Hey I'm down for most any weekend for a ride it sure is fun riding with others. The weather has been great this Saturday 4 January its going to be in the 70's Unbiflipin unbelievable . I Love the bay area .Anyone in the Area lets ride
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 AM

Tell me when and where in the bay area. I will be there if its a weekend Just PM the details. Just did a 190 mile ride the other day. and never left the San Mateo, Santa Cruz mountains also a little bit around San Jose

Hers is the route I took with a large group of riders. some one else lead the way. Lots of goaty roads

Skyline Alices restaurant , Tunitas, Lobitos, Stage, Pescadaro, Cloverdale, Gazos for fuel , onto 1, Swanton, lunch in Davenport .

Head back Bonney Doon, Smith, Empire Gade, Jamison, 236, Big Basin to 9, end at 4 Corners.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=A...12,13&t=m&z=10

Here is one of the ones I like to do
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=A...sz=13&t=m&z=12

A few I was just introduced to
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...sz=12&t=m&z=12

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...via=6&t=m&z=12

Last edited by Motojunkee; 01-03-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in