New Member in Middle TN - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Member in Middle TN

Hey guys, my name is Brad. Just struck a deal yesterday to trade my '09 351cc KLX250SF for a '09 Candy Lime Green Versys. It's got 6,800 miles on the clock and is stock with the exception of a Two Bros exhaust (which I don't really like), Givi pannier mounts, and Givi windscreen. I'm pretty pumped to get back on a bike that's good for more than just around town jaunts. The only kicker is that I have to fix the front end. The PO tapped the back of a van and cracked the headlamp lens, front fender, and the front fairings. I'll update with some pics tomorrow when I pick it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Welcome, the Versys will be a fun upgrade from the KLX

2013 Versys1000
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
Welcome, the Versys will be a fun upgrade from the KLX
I think so too. Coming from liter bikes, the KLX was a little underwhelming power-wise. It mostly made up for that in sheer fun and hooliganism

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
When I bought my Versys it had a Two Brothers exhaust and, boy, was it loud, especially for my rather quiet neighborhood. I think it blew a little old lady right out of her walker one day when I was being a bit of a hooligan.

I had the stock exhaust and decided to re-install it so I wouldn't be charged with damage to senior citizens - or my own eardrums. Good decision.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
When I bought my Versys it had a Two Brothers exhaust and, boy, was it loud, especially for my rather quiet neighborhood. I think it blew a little old lady right out of her walker one day when I was being a bit of a hooligan.

I had the stock exhaust and decided to re-install it so I wouldn't be charged with damage to senior citizens - or my own eardrums. Good decision.
Ha! I feel the same way. The older I get, the more I hate loud exhausts. A proper tuned exhaust is fine, but most people (around here anyway) seem to opt for a Two Brothers or an obnoxious piece of straight pipe. It's just too much. With that being said, I've already began my hunt for a stocker. Expect my current Two Brothers Black Series to be listed fairly soon
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 PM
MTS

Miss my klx250 in fact looking at the new Honda 250 dual FI.

Just gotta have a little bike too! Great match IMO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry you are getting rid of the KLX. I love mine and ride it all over Middle Tennessee. It is nothing for me to ride 80 miles at 65 mph to go ride the Dirt Devil or various Wildlife Management Areas.

You will love the Versys though. Hope the forks aren't tweeked.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 06:44 PM

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM

1. Welcome to the coolest forum on the planet!
2. You do know the '09 green model is the fastest. ALL the '09 green model owners say so, so it's got to be true....right?
3. Used to live right down the slab from you down in Chatt-town. Drove up to McMinnville and Manchester a couple times a week for my job.

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

I really wish I didn't have to get rid of the KLX, it's perfect for around town here. Being a full-time student doesn't give me the freedom to be able to afford and maintain 2 late-model bikes. MntVersys, I agree with ya! Too bad I'll be doing a color change when I fix the front fairings. I think it'll be tough to match the candy green. At least I got the black frame, wheels, and forks.

I've always liked the Chattanooga area. There's some pretty good roads between here and there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntVersys View Post
1. Welcome to the coolest forum on the planet!
2. You do know the '09 green model is the fastest. ALL the '09 green model owners say so, so it's got to be true....right?
3. Used to live right down the slab from you down in Chatt-town. Drove up to McMinnville and Manchester a couple times a week for my job.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Well, it took a bit to get a pic up... sorry. I spent all day yesterday at Barber Motorsports Park, drooling over all of the amazing machines in the museum.
On to the Versys... This is how I received it. Amazingly, the bike never went down. I have most of the parts that weren't completely trashed. I just have to figure out where everything goes since I didn't take it apart. I'm sure I'll need some help from you guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode