Hello from Nebraska - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Nebraska

Hello all! My name is Chris, and I currently live in Omaha Nebraska. I bought my Versys this past Tuesday. I still can't believe I actually own one! This bike has been in my sights for the last two years but really didn't think I'd own one anytime soon, let alone now.
I was killing time at the local Kawasaki dealership sitting on a Versys for about the millionth time, was just about to leave the store and decided to check out the used inventory. Much to my surprise, there was an '08 sitting there. As far as the dealer said they sold 2 maybe 3 in '08 and hadn't sold an '09 yet this year. So i figured the chances of finding one used around here were slim to none. Anyway, they had it for a decent price so I bought it.

My previous ride was a 1995 Triumph Thunderbird. I love that bike but I always found I wanted it to be many different things that it couldn't. KLR650's interested me but it was a little too much geared for off road for it to be my only bike. Triumph Tigers are cool and for the right price I'd consider one in the future, but for the money they want for a new one, I just can't see what one would offer that the Versys didn't also offer.
Aside from thinking the Versys would fill all of my requirements in a bike, I really wanted my next bike to be a Kawasaki. I work for Kawasaki and really think I should own one of our bikes. Now I do.

This seems to be an excellent site and I look forward to looking through it.
Chris..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 02:11 AM

Hello Mawson, Welcome. I too had been looking last 2 years at the Versys and Triumph Sprint and speed triple. Price concerns I decided on New Versys in April when I had my chance. Very pleased with the versys, looks to be a dependable ride. My last motorcycle was a Classic 81 Honda CB900C, I had it for 15 years (since 91) till the valve burnt. Versys is very much technological improvment in comparison. Of course add 28 years.... it should be.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 AM

Hey Mawson nice to see another happy V rider you made a good choice, and the people here are all great. Enjoy.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome Gents! I am looking for mods I can make to the bike, preferably with stock parts, that are fairly inexpensive. Being a tall guy I'm looking at the peg lowering kits as well as the mirror riser/extenders. New windshield would be nice but most of my rides are under an hour so I really don't mind the wind on me. If one were to come along fairly cheap I'd be interested. Corbin seats seem like the only option for having a decent backrest so I may have to go that route so my wife can fully embrace the V.
Mechanically I am happy with the bikes performance. I know what it is and is not and will ride it appropriately.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 05:19 PM

welcome. Tell your kawi boys to fix the cowl buzz!!! Hey I am in Des moines. we should ride sometime!

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 PM

Mawson -

Was this the red one at Dillon Brothers? I was going to go and take a look but by the time I got there it was gone! Guess I have to buy an 09 instead.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM

Mawson ,welcome and congrats on the new ride. ride safe
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 PM

Thumbs up

Welcome and good ridin on the V...Big fun...

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Gohuskers -
yes, it was. Sorry man. Had my eye on the V for a while had to jump when the chance came. If you get the '09 (i rode it) let me know and we can ride sometime if you'd like.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Welcome Mawson. I'm a big guy too and I put the mirror extenders on last weekend and that made a HUGE difference. Now I can see behind me. I'm putting the peg lowering kit on today so we'll see. I'm also trying to find a taller windshield that works. It's hell being tall when it comes to bikes.

Enjoy the ride.

Jeff

2009 Lime Green Versys (the fast one)

We're losing our country, does anyone care?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Azteking -
Let me know how the peg lowering works out. It's one of the things I'm looking at for better fit.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawson View Post
Azteking -
Let me know how the peg lowering works out. It's one of the things I'm looking at for better fit.
Works great!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode