Greetings fellow Versees - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings fellow Versees

Hi Folks, My name is Keith West from Scunthorpe in the United Kingdom. Bought a new all black Verys on 13th june 2009 and I have to say, what a fantastic machine. I have had a break from bikes for about 5 years after busting my hip. Previously I wrode suzuki Hayabusas and Hond's Blackbird. I decided to return to the bike scean after spending time riding !"% trailies in the Philippines which surprisingly turned out to be great fun riding the rough surfaces indiginous the islan of Leyte. When I returned to the UK I bought a Yamaha XT660X which is a single cylinder afair which I soon learned I could not live with on the UK's silky smooth roads. knowing that I was going to lose a chunk of wedge changing the bike I decided to take advantage of a few test rides before finally making a decision. Being about 2'3" tall I wanted something that handled well but did not look swamped my size when I climbed aboard. Having sat on the Versys I instantly felt at home and made this the first on my list of rideouts. Once I rode the bike I made my decision without even looking at anything else, such was the extent of my first impression. The biks is simply awesome and I congratulate everyone here who made the same discovery as myself about this incredible machine. It seems totally incredible to me now that anyone could choose anything else other than the versys. It has so much to offer virtually any rider. Superb comfort, spirited performance, sports bike handling and vouge styling. Owning the Verys says something about the rider; it's an expresion of individual choice based on true innovation without compromise. My first thoughts about the bikes appearance were a little reserved at first. The headlight configuration was a little too much for me at first. However, once you become affiliated with the bikes virtues you find yourself growing to love the quirky stying. In fact I can't stop looking at the thing now it's beautiful. I never thought it would be possible to migrate away from a Suzuki Hayabusa to a 650 hybrid like this without feeling a kind of home sickness for the old bike......but it is. A lot of preparation and planning went into this bike and it shows. It is a true work of genious and in my opinin worth considerably more than the 5500 asking price (UK). Anyone thinking of buying a new bike would be missing out on a lifetime opportunity if they didn't consider the Versys as a possible alternative. Over the years I have had em all, Fireblades, !400 GSX Suzuki, XJR1300, to name but a few. Of all the bikes I have ever ridden [I] found none that were more rewarding to ride as the incredible Versys. I hope to keep this until the bailiffs take it when the economy finally gives up the ghost. Even then I will try to hide it. This bike is our pride and our joy and above all, our ticket to riding heaven. God Bless the Versys and all who fly her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM

We totally agree with your sentiments

What is interesting to hear is even with the major speed machines you have had, the Versys doesn't leave you frustrated for more rocket power.

I too think its the best bike I've owned, my fastest bikes were a Valkyrie and a Honda ST1300, but the V, is so much more fun than either.

Welcome 'home' & mabuhay, have some fond memories of that place.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 01:30 PM

right on man. echo your sentiments here....except the seat has to go. Enjoy the V!! I sure Do! I have yet to see another one on the roads in Iowa

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Cheers Friend, Well said. I agree best bike I've had the pleasure to own. Love the Compurerized ignition and carbaration. So nice to have a motor that start's in the cold and not have to work throttle and choke just to keep it running. Mine Purrs, over 3200 miles now, Sweet bike for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode