Hello from southern Oregon - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from southern Oregon

I just picked up my new V from the dealer on Friday. I test rode it on Wednesday and couldn't get over how easy this thing is to ride so I just had to have it. I kept reading about how fast the green one is so I thought I'd better get that one. I put a few miles on it alone and then my daughter thought it was such a cool bike that she decided I better give her a ride so I took her for a short ride and then the next morning to keep my wife from being jealous I took her for a ride. I sold my Harley Ultra Classic a few weeks ago and am waiting for the 2010 models to come out so I can buy a new one and in the mean time I talked my wife into letting me buy something that wasn't too expensive. When I brought this home she was a little shocked at the color but when I explained that it was faster than the other colors she understood. After talking to her about how easy this thing is to ride I suggested that maybe she could learn to ride and this would be perfect for her and she seems into the idea. Even if she doesn't it looks like we'll be keeping it for a while because I love this bike. It's such a blast to ride. I was looking at different sport bikes and couldn't find anything I really liked and the salesman at the Kawasaki dealership mentioned the Versys a couple of weeks ago I looked at it and wasn't very impressed. I rode a 650R and liked the power but didn't like the bike. I then started doing a little research and found this site and learned a lot from you guys so went and took a second look and then when I test rode it I was hooked. This thing reminds me of riding a dirt bike. It's so nimble and easy to handle.

Here is a picture of me and my little girl. I had just got home and took my gear off and she wanted to go for a ride around the neighborhood so I grabbed my bucket helmet and took off. I took my leather jacket off and my new full face helmet because I was burning up and we were just going down the neighborhood street at a slow pace. I know I should have put my gear back on. I will confess to you that I'm one of those riders who just wears a leather jacket and jeans and the bucket helmet. I haven't worn a full face helmet in years but I am going to give up wearing the bucket helmet and get used to the new full face I just bought. I even plan on going out tomorrow to buy some riding pants and better gloves. I'm used to riding cruiser bikes with fairings and windshields but now I feel kind of naked on this bike with very little wind protection so it's time to get serious about protection. I've been very lucky so far but you never know. Maybe this old dog can learn new tricks.

Well thanks again to all of you and look forward to many happy rides on the new Green Machine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 AM

Welcome aboard aztecking glad you enjoy the V it really is A fun bike, now if you painted that nissan cube candy lime green it would be faster to.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 AM

Aztecking,

Have a Great RIde on your V

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I tell everybody the Cube is something out of a Dr. Suess book and if I paint it lime green it will prove it. Good idea.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 AM

I'm so happy to hear of another Oregon Versys owner. There seems to be a few of us around, but not many.

Just got back from a 1,600 mile San Jose trip down 101 to 1 and back. Couldn't be happier with this bike!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Tell me more about the trip. Do you have bags, stock seat, what windshield? How many miles a day did you do? I haven't live here very long and have taken the trip from Crescent City north along the coast but would like to know what it's like south of there. Thanks.

Jeff

2009 Lime Green Versys (the fast one)

We're losing our country, does anyone care?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecking View Post
Tell me more about the trip. Do you have bags, stock seat, what windshield? How many miles a day did you do? I haven't live here very long and have taken the trip from Crescent City north along the coast but would like to know what it's like south of there. Thanks.
I'm working on a ride review post, over in the member's ride section, and hope to have it up tonight or tomorrow. Lots of good info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode